Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

from $132.30
More Info
from $101.70
More Info
All reviews lake brienz high tide guide maria half day tour amazing afternoon great guide great equipment took pictures amazing photos wet suits small group weather was perfect outdoor activity a lot of fun an incredible experience highlight of our trip beautiful scenery
Reviewed yesterday

Our guide Maria was absolutely amazing. She first outfitted us with dry suits then took us on a beautiful paddle on the lake which is clear and blue. Then she took us up to an old castle with an amazing view. She was also nice enough to recommend places for us to see and eat at in Luzern. Highly recommend this excursion. Wish it would have snowed so that we could have fully experienced the winter kayaking. Next time, I will definitely do this in the winter.

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

My friend and I joined the hightide kayak-tour from Bönigen (Interlaken) on a sunday morning in November - for both of us it was the first time that we went kayaking. All together we were a group of 6 and the hightide-coach Maria. Everything was very well organized and the tour on the lake was just magical! We spent approximately 2 hours on the lake, after one hour we took a break on the other side of the lake and walked up a small castle - the view from there over the lake was just awesome! Maria had a waterproof camera with her (so there was no need to take our phones and risking to drop them in the lake). She made sure to take pictures of everyone of us in action and with the best sceneries in the background. On the same day she sent us the pictures via email (for free).
Thanks to the wetsuites we were not cold at all during the entire tour!
I would definitely recommend doing that tour, even in winter, since it was a spectacular experience to me and my friend and we are surely going to do it again! Thanks Maria for the wonderful tour!

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

This was by far the best thing to do whilst visiting interlaken, the views were amazing and our instructor maria was really nice, she looked after us well and took some amazing photos. Overall an amazing thing to do, would definitely recommend

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

This was a great day and overall experience. The guide was awesome and the views were amazing. I would highly recommend!

Reviewed 3 days ago

This was one of the best things I have ever experienced! My friends and I decided to do this last minute this while staying in Interlaken for the weekend and I 100% recommend it! It was a small group of 5 (they take up to 6 at a time) which made it so intimate and fun! When we went there was also no one on the water so the views of the lake and mountains were amazing! Peter, our guide, was awesome and took lots of photos of us and he really knew his stuff! Loved every bit of it!

Reviewed 1 week ago

My friends and I had the best time during this kayak excursion!! Thank you Pete and Maria!! So beautiful here and such a unique experience. The instructors also take great photos the whole time so that you have memories to share when you return home!

Reviewed 1 week ago

We booked a last minute kayaking trip and it was the best decision we made while in Switzerland! Pete and Maria were both amazing guides and I've never seen prettier sites in my life. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 1 week ago

We had an excellent time kayaking in the Swiss Alps with Maria. She was a great guide and since we already had some experience in kayaking she showed us more new tricks which can help us in the future. She also provided hot tea and biscuits in the middle of the trip. I would also like to make it a point that the dry suits are very good and apart from keeping you warm they are super waterproof. At the end of the trip she sent us the free photographs which she captured during our trip.

Highly recommend to visit Hightide Kayak School

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Hightide Kayak school was AWESOME! I went on their winter kayak tour and my guide Maria far exceeded my expectations. She was extremely knowledgeable, patient and friendly. She captured the entire experience on camera and even had hot tea and cookies as a surprise treat during our break halfway through the tour! If I ever come back to Switzerland, I will definitely do this again! I would suggest walking up to the castle during the break for a breathtaking view of the lake.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I had an excellent time kayaking amongst the Swiss Alps with Maria. She was a terrific guide, and we lucked out with the weather in the morning! Couldn’t have asked for a better morning. Not to mention there is an excellent restaurant directly adjacent to Hightide.