There are not enough wonderful things to say about this hotel, city and country for that matter. We arrived pretty late in the evening. The hotel is just a short walk from the train station. Suzi checked us in and was just as friendly that time of night as she was at breakfast the next morning. I felt like I was staying with friends. The room was immaculately clean & the bed so comfortable that I slept better than I have in years!
The breakfast in the morning consisted of croissants, sliced meat and cheese, fresh juice and coffee, loaf bread with a variety of toppings including this wonderful chocolate spread that I've searched everywhere for in the States, cereal, yogurt and probably other things I'm forgetting. The breakfast room was just as nice as the actual food and they have the touring channel going on the TV with a live webcam of some of the mountain areas so it's easy to see if it's a good weather day for the Jungfraujoch, etc. The living room was nice with the computer, coffee and books as well.
I loved the Hotel Lotschberg and cannot wait to return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The small Hotel Lotschberg enjoys a central but very quiet location, only a 3-minute walk from the Interlaken West Train Station. The hotel was built in 1906 in the art nouveau style and is still run the the owner family. The hotel rooms have been renovated in 2011, since summer 2014 we offer an outdoor seating area. All hotel rooms have private bathroom with shower/WC or bath/WC and a hairdryer. All rooms with TV, Safety box and table Fan, in the hotel rooms breakfast is included in the room rate. The apartments and the economic double rooms are located in the Guesthouse next to the hotel main building. The apartments feature a new, fully equipped kitchenette and a bathroom including a hairdryer. Towels and linen are provided and towels are changed after every third night. In the economic double rooms, daily cleaning and breakfast are included in the price. Hotel Lotschberg offers free WiFi in all rooms, tea and coffee station in the hotel, free use of washing, drying and ironing facilities, free use of bicycles, and free use of the microwave and the fridge. Sunny terrasse with pergola, outdoor sitting area. Every room has an en-suite bathroom and a cable TV, all have a Hairdryer and Safety box. Alarm clocks can be ordered at the front desk, different types of pillows and duvets are available on request at the reception. All rooms are very quiet and have a view to the surrounding mountains.Kids can play on the school yard and football field across the road. Children's playgrounds are close by. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Hotel Loetschberg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Lotschberg & Susi`s Bed And Breakfast
- Hotel Lotschberg & Susi`s Interlaken