“nice hotel,good location”
Review of Hotel Krebs

Hotel Krebs
Ranked #6 of 40 Hotels in Interlaken
Reviewed September 1, 2014

stayed for 2 nites in Aug whilst travelling thru' Switzerland and chosae this hotel due to its proximity to the train station ( west ) 5 min walk. Our room was not ready till after 3 pm, seemed to be common prcatise in Swiss !! Room was well appointed but small, as was the bathroom ! difficult when travelling with luggage. The breakfast was varied ( probably the best we had in Switzerland ) but its v / popular with bus parties who tend to raid the food prior to leaving, so try and get in first or after the food has been replenished. We ate at the restaruant one night which was good but fairly expensive .... as is ALL of Switzerland. All in all was not disappointed with the hotel and is handy to trai station where you can start your day trips to the Alps.

Room Tip: request a room at the front for views over the Alps
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bigwilie_4163l

Reviewed August 17, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for 4 nights. We had emailed them in advance that we wanted a room with a balcony if possible since it was expected to rain. We arrived early and were given our room before check in time since it was ready and it was with a balcony overlooking the snow capped mountains.

The room was very nice but a little small. I think we could have done without a chair and the round wooden table. It would have provided more place to move around comfortably. The bathroom came with a bathtub and was neat & clean. There was no AC and we needed the fan since it was summer.

The best part about this hotel is its location. It is on the main street of Interlaken and very close to Interlaken West train station. The breakfast was bad with very limited options & slow refills and worse was their service & attitude of staff. Infact we skipped breakfast for 2 days because of that. We ate dinner once at the restaurant and the food was lovely, tasted great and service was good. The hotel had wifi everywhere but signals in the room were weak.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

I have been all over the world never seen such ppl like them . First I viseted these hotel awhile agoe and I liked its position and the room we asked for an a discount cuz my friends got there rooms much cheaper than me they refused to they said next time we promise we will give u a discount I booked at these hotel for my honeymoon trip next month all other hotels even gave me a discount or an upgrade or at leat a bucket of roses since its my honeymoon even its my first time at the other hotels these hotel never gave me a discount as they promised neither a discounted upgrade when I talked to them They like you like it these way or just find another hotel !!!

Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rida a
Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

We are a family of 4 with 2 kids aged 4 and 9.
We stayed here for 3 nights in July 2014.
The Hotel building was built in the 1860's and apparently has been a hotel ever since!
Right on the Main Street of Interlaken (Interlaken is a tiny city with a Main Street running from Interlaken Ost Station to Interlaken West Station) and less than 100 meters away from the Interlaken West Station, the hotel is right between stores, bars and eateries on the Street.

It is opposite McDonalds that also serves a McVeggie Burger (you need to ask - it is not on the displayed menu)

The rooms are not very big (after you pull out the sofa cum bed for the 4 of us) but is clean and comfortable and overlooks the street. The rooms do not have AC (or have some kind of pseudo AC which didn't help) and one night it was warm and we had to sleep with the windows open. The other 2 nights it cooled down cos of the rains. They give you a floor fan, though which was acceptable.

The staff at the reception are extremely warm and friendly - printing out train schedules and giving tips and recommendations on activities.

The hotel has a popular bar and restaurant that gets full in the evening - as you can sip beer watching the activities on the Main Street.

Recommend!!
I loved this place and recommend this to anyone

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

We love this hotel it has everything you need for a great stay professional, clean, great location and the nicest staff it's centrally located to everything don't miss it! One tip it could be a bit hot at times so open your windows soon as you arrive otherwise everything went smoothly

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 8, 2014

We had booked two rooms, one double and one single at the hotel from June 26th to June 30th for four nights through Swisstours, in Mumbai, India. We had made all our bookings for Switzerland through Swisstours (an sister concern of Swiss airlines) and the entire tour cost had been paid up more than a month in advance. We had received confirmation of the booking at the hotel and had even got the hotel vouchers for both rooms at the hotel.

But 5 days before our visit to Interlaken and two days before leaving for Switzerland, the representative at Swiss tours called me and said that the hotel had cancelled our double room as they were apparently overbooked and the hotels automated booking system had automatically cancelled one of the room. With myself having a slight walking disability and my 60 year old mother who was accompanying us on the trip, staying at two different hotels was not an option. Being high tourist season most places in Interlaken were fully booked, and when the representative at Swiss tours told me that we would be put up in Hotel Stella instead, at such last minute I had no choice but to accept.

We had chosen Krebs based on the wonderful reviews on Tripadvisor and given the hotel fantastic location, but alas in the end was such disappointment and such a shame for such a reputable hotel.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank yaatri
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We stayed her in Sept, 2011. Being from the US we needed a place that had AC. They have it! Rooms were Very Clean, nice size and comfortable. The staff was amazing, very helpful, and extremely professional! The Krebs is very centrally located, the train station is very close by, lots of restaurants and shopping in walking distance.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple