“Very old hotel but cheap”
Review of Happy Inn Lodge

and 1 more site!
Happy Inn Lodge
Ranked #15 of 45 Interlaken B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 29, 2012

In September I with the girlfriend traveled across Switzerland. For two nights we stopped in Interlaken to make a trip to Jüngfrau and to take a hikking across the Alps. We looked for the cheapest hotel in this region. At the moment of booking this hotel was such. We chose a separate double room with a bathroom and a toilet on a floor. In our room there was one double bed and one double bunk bed , also in a room there was a wash basin. A room in the sizes big, but not cozy, it was cool. Furniture very old, floor boards creak. The shower and a toilet were near our room, for us a toilet and a bath on a floor wasn't a problem, everything is quite pure, light in soul burns not long, there is a motion sensor, from which lighting works if to wave with a hand, light joins. On the first floor a bar, it didn't disturb us. On the first floor there is a kitchen where it is possible to use a microwave, the electric kettle, the refrigerator, all not so new, but works, it is very convenient for those who to itself(himself) cooks food, we made a dinner and a breakfast. The hotel will be suitable for the budgetary tourists, which unpretentious. It is rather not hotel but hosted for youth. To the station Interlaken west on foot to go minutes 5-10. And it is necessary to visit Interlaken, beauty not in hotel, and in mountains. We read all about hotel and were ready that it not the smart. Everything suited us, for such price it is difficult to find something in Interlaken.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Natalia B

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I stayed in this hostel for 2 nights. The hostel is located in a beautiful area. The whole town of Interlaken struck me by its purity and harmony with nature. From Interlaken there is an easy access to the major cities of Switzerland, Zurich, Bern, Lucerne, and by the highest mountain railway tourists could get to the summit of the Zugspitze. Being in Interlaken, I took full advantage of its geographical position. But due to the rich program of excursions, I was not able to assess the quality of breakfast in the hostel. Had to leave very early and could only use a guests` kitchen for quick self service. The hostel rooms are situated on the upper floors of the colorful mansion, while the ground floor is occupied by a cafe and bar. I had an economy room with bunk beds. The room had a sink for washing. The shower and toilet are in the corridor. In general, the hotel is quite clean. The overall impression is very good, especially considering the cheap price.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Azad690
Reviewed October 1, 2012

It was my first time visiting Interlaken,Switzerland last year.
I was at first looking for a budget hostel that can provide clean and average accommodation.So i made a decision choosing the Happy inn . It turned out to be the excellent place for me. Becoz spending 5 nights in interlaken, i was planning the hostel to be only sleeping place , not expect much from it.But to my surprise, The staffs are nice , willing to help. andthe room is clean enough. the toilets are available , dont leave me waiting for too long. the noise is a little bit of problem, but for me it's rarely a problem, coz when we got back at the end of the day, we were fatique and completely need to sink in the bed asap. The sink in the room is quite useful.
overall, i would recommend it for the backpackers, the friends group, the family (depends on how much you expect).

Room Tip: choose the upper level , if you are a hard sleeper. coz the bar below may disturb u at night.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank jittyjitty
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I liked this small budget hotel. Reasonably priced and conveniently located to Interlaken West railway station and close to the main street. Rooms were very basic and small with bunkbeds and shared showers and toilets. My room was a twin for only two persons and had a sink inside. Towels were provided. The building itself seems very old with squeaky wooden stairs inside and brightly decorated outside.They have a nice bar and restaurant downstairs. I have stayed there 2 days but unfortunately couldn`t have a chance to try their breakfast `cause had to leave early morning every day. They provide their guests with a city card which entitles them to free public transport within city limits. Seems they have also a travel agency, at least I have noticed a lot of advertisments and various travel information there and I think anyway they can give a good advice to their guests, although for me it was not necessary because all the activity has been planned and booked by me in advance.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 12, 2012

The best thing is the restaurant and the bar. The guy in the bar was very heplful and gave us all the necessary information about the ragion, the buses. WE received even a discount card for lifts and buses. We were very happy and had a great time at the restaurant.
The rooms though were a disappointment. They were spacious but the noise was unbearable. The neighbours were heard as they walked on the floor. The bathrooms and showers were also a disappointment.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 22, 2012

IWe booked a private room with shower (a double bed and a bunk-bed) back in August 2011. The room wasn't spacious and the bathroom was small. The shower cubicle was even smaller till I always "hit" the cubicle! I wonder how can a guys taking a shower inside the tiny "shower-cubicle"~ Breakfast isn't included in the room-rate and isn't cheap at all, which just served with bread or maybe with a type of cereal, that's all~! So we bought our own food for light-breakfast or at the train station while taking the train to Jungfraujoch~

I'm not sure how many private rooms they have, but there were numbers of ruin-down + small dormitory that fit numbers of people.... Remember, this is a bar style lodge~ The ground floor is a bar+reception and the upstairs are all for "rooms"~ The F&B was pretty good with pretty reasonable pricing esp. for the drinks~ It stated 10minutes from the train-station, but you might need 15mins if u carried a big suitcase~

Not really recommend for people who want something with average or above, but maybe for average/ below average; of course, you get with what you pay~ :)

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 20, 2011

Stayed for 4 nights a week ago on Sept 2011 with my wife. Got 2 bugs bites on my fingers, itch like hell...3 out of 8 ppl in a dorm are baten by bed bugs.

The room floor is like very fragile, producing noise everytime we walked on it, disturbing roommates (in & outside the room). That's why u have to pray to God to have good & considerate room-mates... but sorry we dont have!!

One good thing though, whenver we pass by the kitchen, the smell is always heavenly. Did not try out the food. Location is good becasue Interlaken is small.. free to use the kitchen which is equipped with microwave, kettle and regf - that's good.

Room Tip: Noisy flooring is an important factor
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple