“Great location, Friendly staff”
Review of Hotel Bernerhof

Hotel Bernerhof
Ranked #21 of 40 Hotels in Interlaken
Reviewed June 7, 2012

The Hotel is just at the end of Interlaken west platform, one has to cross the road and you are at the Hotel, staff is very friendly, speak good english, Ground floor restaurant is very
happening, staff there keep on entertaining the customers, breakfast is normal but OK

Vinod Tandon,
Delhi, India

Room Tip: Try for main market facing room

Reviewed June 6, 2012

We opted for this hotel for our 5 days swiss trip in May 2012. The main advantage of this hotel is that, it is located very near to the Rail, Bus and Jetty/ Ferry Stations. The rooms are decent and clean. However, the shower is too congested. Otherwise Hotel is very nice and the staff is very cooperative and helpful. The guy at the front desk gave some very good tips for planning our tour in Interlaken. The locality/ street has some good shops and restaurants. Overall the hotel is very nice and value for money.

Reviewed June 4, 2012

My wife and I just spent a couple nights at the Best Western hotel Bernerhof during our 8 day trip to Switzerland with another couple.

We arrived at the hotel later in the morning. We were greeted by Thomas at reception and told that our room was not yet ready, but that we could leave our bags at the front desk and do our thing for a bit. We ended up going to Titlis for the day and when we returned later on that night our bags had been taken up to our rooms so that was a plus.

The hotel is located down the street from the Interlaken West train station so it is easy to get around. There are many shops and restaurants located near the hotel.

The room was basic, but clean. The bathroom was also clean. My only gripe was with the small shower. I hate hitting the wall or shower curtain while I'm in the shower. Thank goodness I'm not super fat. Although the shower was small, the water was always nice and hot and the towels were clean.

There is no free internet at the hotel. It costs 5 CHF for an hour or 15 CHF for 5 hours. You get a code and it keeps track of how much time you use each time.

There was a free breakfast, but it was nothing special. While it had much of the same items to choose from as the other two hotels we stayed at in Switzerland, (cheese, meats, breads, juices, cereals, pastries) the quality seemed to be lacking compared to what we had been used to at the other two hotels. For instance, the milk wasn't kept cold and it was obvious it had been sitting out for a while. Same thing with the cheese. You could see the moisture on the edges of the cheese slices and could tell it wasn't really kept cold.

Overall, the Best Western Bernerhof Hotel was a decent hotel for the price we paid. It wasn't fancy by any means, but it was conveniently located and we had a clean bed to sleep in and hot shower which was what we wanted.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 3, 2012

small rooms, comfortable stay, helpful and warm staff. very nice views. not the typical 3 star or 4 star, but just a clean, nice convenient place at a stones throw from interlaken west station

Reviewed May 17, 2012

Hotel Bernerhof was a pleasant surprise. I almost passed looking at it, thinking that a Best Western is not the place I would want to stay in Interlaken. The location is what sold me initially but I was also very happy with the price considering that it is in the middle of a very expensive town.

My room was facing the street, with a small balcony and great view of the mountains. It was clean, if a bit small, and I did not notice any street noise even though I am a light sleeper. I opted not to pay the extra for breakfast as there are plenty of cafes and bakeries where one can consume a more interesting local fare.

I must complement the honesty of the gentleman on the front desk when I paid for my accommodation on May 3. I accidentally paid in euros instead of Swiss francs and he straight away informed me of my error without any hesitation!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the street are more interesting. I had no problems with noise.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 17, 2012

So the room was okay I guess, shower leaked (as per normal European hotels), a view of the jungfrau, didn't venture out onto the balcony as all we could smell was cow manure! Breakfast was okay, but nothing special. Reception staff were certainly very helpful.
Location was its biggest positive, I saw someone say it was three minutes from interlaken west, I don't know how they came to that as the station is literally across the road from the hotel!

Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 12, 2012

WE stayed at Hotel Bernerhof in Interlaken. One thing I can tell you is that this is the best located hotel, 3 min from Interlaken West train station and great mountain views from almost every room. The breakfast is quite good with a lot of variety.
The front desk staff was very helpful in guiding us to the city attractions and providing us with information on nearby towns to be visited.
The rooms although a bot small are well laid out with all required facilities and the attached bathroom was quite clean.
We had the street facing room but ulike feedback from some other visitors we did not find any issue with noise coming from the street since the windows are well insulated. In fact the beauty of street facing rooms is the spectacular views of the mountain ranges.
Jungfrau is a must see, what a wonderful piece of engineering even 100 years back.
A great place to stay and good value for money........thanks again to the Hotel staff for all their help.

Room Tip: The best way to travel around Switzerland is to buy the Swiss Pass. They had a good deal of "2...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple