All reviews interlaken west train station basic requirements front desk person small balcony hotel is located fluent in english souvenir shops average hotel electric fan the main street excellent location snow clad mountains hot shower check in was smooth stay there again easy access free pass
Reviewed May 17, 2012

Hotel Bernerhof was a pleasant surprise. I almost passed looking at it, thinking that a Best Western is not the place I would want to stay in Interlaken. The location is what sold me initially but I was also very happy with the price considering that it is in the middle of a very expensive town.

My room was facing the street, with a small balcony and great view of the mountains. It was clean, if a bit small, and I did not notice any street noise even though I am a light sleeper. I opted not to pay the extra for breakfast as there are plenty of cafes and bakeries where one can consume a more interesting local fare.

I must complement the honesty of the gentleman on the front desk when I paid for my accommodation on May 3. I accidentally paid in euros instead of Swiss francs and he straight away informed me of my error without any hesitation!

Room tip: Rooms facing the street are more interesting. I had no problems with noise.
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed May 17, 2012

So the room was okay I guess, shower leaked (as per normal European hotels), a view of the jungfrau, didn't venture out onto the balcony as all we could smell was cow manure! Breakfast was okay, but nothing special. Reception staff were certainly very helpful.
Location was its biggest positive, I saw someone say it was three minutes from interlaken west, I don't know how they came to that as the station is literally across the road from the hotel!

Date of stay: May 2012
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 12, 2012

WE stayed at Hotel Bernerhof in Interlaken. One thing I can tell you is that this is the best located hotel, 3 min from Interlaken West train station and great mountain views from almost every room. The breakfast is quite good with a lot of variety.
The front desk staff was very helpful in guiding us to the city attractions and providing us with information on nearby towns to be visited.
The rooms although a bot small are well laid out with all required facilities and the attached bathroom was quite clean.
We had the street facing room but ulike feedback from some other visitors we did not find any issue with noise coming from the street since the windows are well insulated. In fact the beauty of street facing rooms is the spectacular views of the mountain ranges.
Jungfrau is a must see, what a wonderful piece of engineering even 100 years back.
A great place to stay and good value for money........thanks again to the Hotel staff for all their help.

Room tip: The best way to travel around Switzerland is to buy the Swiss Pass. They had a good deal of "2 for 1" so for Swiss Franc 226 two of us could travel anywhere in Switzerland for 4 full days and you are also entitled to discounts on tickets to Jungfrau, etc.
Reviewed May 10, 2012

Our ignorance led us to believe that booking a room at a well known chain would be okay. The moment we stepped into the lobby we couldn't believe the stench of urine and wet dog smell - which we found out soon enough - permeated throughout the entire hotel! Couldn't believe that in one of the most magical places on earth, this is how they would run their business and subject their guests to such grotesque. We will never be back.

Date of stay: April 2012
Reviewed April 26, 2012

We stayed at Bernerfof for 3 nights and it was one of the best experiences. The rooms are very clean and bathrooms well kept. The place is just across the west train station and conveniently located to all the attractions.
The hotel staff were very friendly and help you in any way. We had not made any plans as to which place to visit around interlaken and the best places to visit. The hotel staff were very helpful in advising the best best places to visit. We did just that and glad we took their advice. They even booked the tickets to the Jungfrau regions in a jiffy.
Our prices included the breakfast and it was very good.
This is a perfect place to stay and you will not be disappointed staying here.

Date of stay: April 2012