“very bad stuff”

Cuisines: Swiss, Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed September 19, 2012

we were planing to visit this restaurant even before arriving to interlaken , we were very disappointed with the waiter who served us (fat blond lady ) , "I only ordered coffee and I was just reading the menu before making order " , we hear her making unknown words ( I know they were bad words ) , I asked her to call manager and she said no pay for the coffee you had and leave ! , I said I won't pay any cent till I talked to your manager , the manager came and explained the situation to her and she offered me the drink as apology , we refused the apology and we paid for the coffee and left ! , It was the worst experience in switzerland .

3  Thank aziz_za

Reviewed September 19, 2012

A real treat with a great menu and excellent service. We particularly enjoyed having tea and lovely swiss patisserie on the terrace looking towards the Jungfrau. Delightful.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

This restaurant/cafe is the "grand dame" of Interlaken. It has an enormous, shaded terrace overlooking the Hoheweg park together with a more formal inside dining room.  The menu is extensive offering an eclectic selection of traditional German dishes together with Asian offerings and many salads. The food is well prepared and the service generally good though when busy the staff appear to be somewhat overwhelmed. This is the spot for lunch if you're looking for something a little more comfortable. The prices, while Swiss-steep, are nonetheless fair particularly when compared to typical tourist traps.

Reviewed June 8, 2012

On a warm summer's day there is nothing much better than sitting on the terrace of Cafe Schuh, eating one of their delicious cakes or amazing ice-cream desserts, looking up at the mountains and, perhaps, watching the paragliders as they take off from Harder Kulm and try and land on the big green space in front of you.
You will not be hurried or hassled and you will get the same polite (and leisurely) service whether you are a banker or a backpacker.
And on a cold winter's day what is more welcoming than a glass of hot chocolate - and a slice of cake, well why not - inside Schuh's beautiful, spacious restaurant.
My husband and I first came here over 15 years ago. It is unthinkable to be within striking distance of Interlaken and not come here, winter or summer.One Christmas Day afternoon we ventured out into the falling snow and found Cafe Schuh full of elegant Swiss having coffee and cakes. Yes, Christmas Day!
It isn't cheap (even by Swiss standards) but the food is great, the staff are pleasant and you can buy their chocolates as a souvenir. Go on, spoil yourself.

3  Thank leeGlosUK
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Ate only ice-cream on their patio. Staff were very nice and friendly. Will go again

1  Thank GenIbGva