“Great Swiss Food”
Review of Des Alpes

Des Alpes
Ranked #120 of 171 Restaurants in Interlaken
Cuisines: Swiss, European
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Great Swiss Food”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We found the food so good here we went back another two times. It was Saturday night and it was heaving, but they soon found us a table and the service was fantastic. Salad bar was great and so was the rest of the food. In season they have a pizza oven, wood fired, but did not try as there were other more temping things. We arrived at the shoulder season so one of our days was the start of the autumn game menu. Great venison and wild boar. All meals were a hearty portion and this restaurant was far superior to ones we tried higher up these rankings, in our opinion.

• Visited September 2013

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
“Great food and lovely ambience”
Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

The Margerita Rosti and tomato soup are excellent. The Raviolli is also fairly good. Staff is courteous and polite. Restaurant is centrally located and has a lovely outdoor seating (weather permitting).

• Visited September 2013
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Average.......”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Average place with average prices for location, don't try the fondue its tastes like its smells disgusting!

Visited September 2013
“Restaurant with flies”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I just went out this restaurant and I dont want to call it "a restaurant". Today, 27th Aug 2013, I entered the hall and took a table in the building. Oh My God! There were Sooo many flies in all side of the hall. They were flying and sitting everywhere. What a disgusting! So i went to the main counter, told them "I want to change my sit to another table". Then a fat blonde woman said,"Why?" "There are so many flies in here" she sneered, "All restaurants have flies. It's common." "Never like this." Then she sneered again, and said "arent they in your country?" "Never" "(sneering and pointing me with her finger)then next year I will go to your country and I will see" Very rude.Crazy, isnt it? Flies in a restaurant is Common? Not a or two flies. Just beside me, there were 5 or more flies. And what a rude and racistic fat blonde woman. Food? Not good. What a waste! I really hope you not to go there.

• Visited August 2013
New Delhi, India
“Worst service ever and meh food”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I have rarely had the unfortunate experience of such terrible service, to the point where I was beginning to wonder if our waiter was racist. The place looked like it was bustling with activity whereas many other restaurants in the area were somewhat staid so we walked in. This was a bad call. The menu seemed limited but we figured we'd order some fondue and Rosti and enjoy the live band. Our Waiter was surly and rude from the very beginning. We wanted to place our order and he sort of tapped his foot impatiently at any questions we asked (which were maybe a couple). We then waited for our food for abt 40 mins. In the meantime we tried to order a coke but he seemed completely uninterested in waiting on us so we had to chase him in a very undignified way across the restaurant. He was v put off by this but frankly this was not my idea of a good time either. He also managed to drip water all over my father with nary a sign of apology. When our food finally arrived, it was not worth the wait. The fondue was so so and the portions were extremely mean. The Rosti was so bad that we couldn't eat it at all despite being ravenous. The burner kept going off and our waiter could not be bothered to light it again as a result of which the fonde thickened into an indelible clump. We did tell him that the food served seemed like it was for two rather than four. At this point we were informed that the bread was unlimited (1) that hardly solves the problem and (2) that would only be helpful at any point if the waiter actually checked on the table to see if perhaps they were out of bread which would never have occurred to the surly one. He also never served anything to us, including the wine! Seriously I would avoid this place - I don't expect a lot service wise but this place was just awful.

• Visited August 2013