“Restaurant with flies”

Des Alpes
Ranked #99 of 171 Restaurants in Interlaken
Cuisines: Swiss, European
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Restaurant with flies”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

I just went out this restaurant and I dont want to call it "a restaurant". Today, 27th Aug 2013, I entered the hall and took a table in the building. Oh My God! There were Sooo many flies in all side of the hall. They were flying and sitting everywhere. What a disgusting! So i went to the main counter, told them "I want to change my sit to another table". Then a fat blonde woman said,"Why?" "There are so many flies in here" she sneered, "All restaurants have flies. It's common." "Never like this." Then she sneered again, and said "arent they in your country?" "Never" "(sneering and pointing me with her finger)then next year I will go to your country and I will see" Very rude.Crazy, isnt it? Flies in a restaurant is Common? Not a or two flies. Just beside me, there were 5 or more flies. And what a rude and racistic fat blonde woman. Food? Not good. What a waste! I really hope you not to go there.

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
New Delhi, India
“Worst service ever and meh food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

I have rarely had the unfortunate experience of such terrible service, to the point where I was beginning to wonder if our waiter was racist. The place looked like it was bustling with activity whereas many other restaurants in the area were somewhat staid so we walked in. This was a bad call. The menu seemed limited but we figured we'd order some fondue and Rosti and enjoy the live band. Our Waiter was surly and rude from the very beginning. We wanted to place our order and he sort of tapped his foot impatiently at any questions we asked (which were maybe a couple). We then waited for our food for abt 40 mins. In the meantime we tried to order a coke but he seemed completely uninterested in waiting on us so we had to chase him in a very undignified way across the restaurant. He was v put off by this but frankly this was not my idea of a good time either. He also managed to drip water all over my father with nary a sign of apology. When our food finally arrived, it was not worth the wait. The fondue was so so and the portions were extremely mean. The Rosti was so bad that we couldn't eat it at all despite being ravenous. The burner kept going off and our waiter could not be bothered to light it again as a result of which the fonde thickened into an indelible clump. We did tell him that the food served seemed like it was for two rather than four. At this point we were informed that the bread was unlimited (1) that hardly solves the problem and (2) that would only be helpful at any point if the waiter actually checked on the table to see if perhaps they were out of bread which would never have occurred to the surly one. He also never served anything to us, including the wine! Seriously I would avoid this place - I don't expect a lot service wise but this place was just awful.

3 Thank Portmanteau0025
Hove, United Kingdom
“Great Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

We went on a busy Saturday night and were asked if we wanted to eat inside or out , when we said outside we were shown to a table and asked if we could wait a minute while our waiter reset the table. This was done with courtesy and speed. We only wanted a small meal so we order half portions of the Walliser Rosti which was excellent. The portion size was generous for the type of meal we wanted. The desert selection maybe small but quality makes up for this and the portions sizes are ample. All in all a very good meal at a reasonable price. Well worth a visit .

Hereford, United Kingdom
“Des Alpes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

Delicous colourful salad - including star-fruit slices, strawberries, herbs and tasty chicken strips. You can eat inside or out. Easily found on the main road leading up to Interlaken Ost train station.

Visited August 2013
Tokyo, Japan
“Rude and arrogant waiter”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

One of waiter in the restaurant was quite rude and arrogant.

We were looking for a place to have a dinner. The restaurant has a good view, and people having dinner looked happy so we wanted to know price range of the restaurant before taking seats. As there was no drink menu on the menu board in front of the restaurant, we asked an Africa-origin waiter politely. He refused us to have a look menu even there were empty tables with those menus. He pressed on his theory that he doesn't want us to order only drinks so that he doesn't show us any drink menus using rough English...

Do you want to have a dinner such a place? Of course we gave up and moved onto another place.

2 Thank にんじんandグリーンピース