“Excellent adventure in the Alps”

Outdoor Interlaken - Day Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$40.93*
and up
High Ropes Adventure Park Admission in Interlaken
Ranked #4 of 29 Tours in Interlaken
More attraction details
Owner description: Outdoor Interlaken is Switzerland’s leading adventure activity expert. Nestled in the middle of the Swiss Alps and surrounded by lakes, river and mountains, our prime location provides the ultimate adventure playground. On the ground, in the air and on water, we offer every guest the opportunities to explore their potential and expand their horizons. Whether you are an independent traveler, a family or a company, we look forward to sharing our love of the outdoors and our passion for adventure. Get busy living!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Activities for young children
Provo, Utah
“Excellent adventure in the Alps”
Reviewed September 15, 2011

We did the rafting trip on the SImme at the end of July. The guides were excellent and able to make an enjoyable trip for everyone--seven of us from 12 yrs to adults. I would highly recommend Outdoor Interlaken!

Visited July 2011

• Arabic first
  • Korean first
Arlington, VA
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Cancelled our canyoning trip without contacting us”
Reviewed September 15, 2011

My husband and I visited Switzerland in September 2010. I recently got 2 emails from Outdoor Interlaken requesting I review them, so I figured I would, even though it's been over a year. I booked a canyoning trip on line with Outdoor Interlaken a few weeks before our visit to Interlaken and got the email confirmation. Everything seemed efficient and professional. This canyoning activity was the tour I was most excited about on our trip. We had booked a 4 pm tour in early September. We traveled from Wengen to Interlaken the day of the tour and arrived at our hotel around noon. To be sure there weren't any potential issues with the canyoning trip, I checked my email and did not receive anything from Outdoor Interlaken, so I figured everything was fine. It was a beautiful day and I was excited to go canyoning. My husband and I killed time until 4 pm, got changed, and were outside our hotel waiting for the company to pick us up at the given time. After waiting 30 minutes no one came for us, so I went into the hotel and asked the people at the front desk if we could call Outdoor Interlaken. I was then informed that Outdoor Interlaken had just called and cancelled our canyoning trip because were were the only 2 people signed up for the trip. They said we could reschedule for the following day, but there would be no guarantees, because no one was signed up for the following day, and if again we were the only ones, they would not run the trip. I was devastated. Outdoor Interlaken claimed they called my cell phone and the hotel earlier that day, but the hotel said they got no calls. My cell phone was not functioning in Europe, but when I returned to the USA, there were no mesages, so I think they lied. We ended up contacting Alpin Raft and booked the canyoning trip for the following day. We were the only 2 peole on that trip, but Alpin Raft still ran the trip for us with our own private guide, and we had a great time.

Our money was refunded by Outdoor Interlaken, but they didn't seem to care at all that they had wasted a day of our trip. We didn't have time to do other activities that day because we thought we had to be back for this tour at 4. When I had received the confirmation before we left for Switzerland, there was nothing that said our trip could be cancelled if we were the only 2 signed up. If bad weather was the cause of the cancellation, I would've understood. But they should've disclosed that they cancel all trips that don't have a certain number of people. Also, the fact that they failed to contact us before our actual pick-up time was completely unacceptable. I would definitely not recommend this company, but I can highly recommend Alpin Raft (and wrote a review of our great trip with them last year).

Visited October 2010
11 Thank VAgirl505
Lowell, Massachusetts
“So Much Fun”
Reviewed September 15, 2011

The best part about Outdoor Interlaken is that they cater to out of towners. It's conveniently located by most of the lodging in Interlaken. They essentially have something for everyone in terms of interest and athletic ability. I visited there twice, once in the winter and once in the summer. Through them, I was able to snowboard the Alps, go white water rafting, experience canyoning (which may have been my favorite) and get a unique glimpse of the area while hang gliding. Almost all of the equipment necessary can be rented or purchased at the location and I would say you definitely get your money's worth. If I ever get a chance to go back to Switzerland, especially to snowboard, Outdoor Interlaken will definitely be the venue I go through.

Visited May 2011
Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great fun!!”
Reviewed September 15, 2011

I was a little nervous to go canyoning after watching their video and hearing about someone who died when the canyon flooded but once there I felt very safe and had a great time. The only thing my fiance and I wish we did differently was go on the longer canyoning trip instead of the 4 hour trip! It was a blast and pretty much everyone can do it. our group was quite diverse in terms of athletic ability.

Another bummer is they dont take still pictures for you while canyoning. They only take video footage and when you order you only get the video of yourself not the whole group which sucks and its $40 or something crazy.

Visited July 2011
1 Thank LauraBl32
Orlando, Florida
“Awesome”
Reviewed September 13, 2011

My husband and I did Canyoning Interlaken. It was a once-in-a-lifetime experience for us. The guides knew exactly how to tackle each obstacle thru the canyon. I felt completely safe in their hands. I was upset that they wouldn't let me take my waterproof shock-resistant camera. But, on hindsight, it might have gotten damaged despite its durability. I also had to leave my eye glasses behind which left me with a bad case of vertigo while we were climbing out of the canyon. But, I wouldn't trade this experience for anything. It was well worth it.

Visited August 2011