“Beyond expectations”

Victoria Jungfrau Grand Hotel & Spa
Ranked #3 of 39 Hotels in Interlaken
Reviewed July 30, 2014

The hotel is stunning in every way. We stayed there 18 years ago and we had high expectations and were not disappointed. The rooms are superb, the spa is totally luxurious (Renata is recommended) and the staff are exceptional.

Room Tip: We had a basic room and it was excellent
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,356)

Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

Very good staff and amazing service....location is amazing......spa is best in interlaken..best place to stay.......... They have outer jacuzzi thats the best part.....check Yash chopra suite..................................

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 28, 2014

There is a great variety of rooms in hotel.If you stay in this beautiful city then enjoy the views.Get a front room with balcony facing the Jungfrau.Lying in bed or sitting outside with this majestic view is beyond words.Staff is excellent.helpful,courteous and obviously well trained.Only problem-no air conditioning-so actually a 4.5

Room Tip: Jungfrau view room--rated sleep quality 4 as no air conditioning but still only place to stay
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank louis8160
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Amazing hotel with great service. The spa was incredible as there are a variety of options. It is by far the nicest hotel in Interlaken and of all the neighboring towns. Nothing else compares. If you plan on going in the summer, try to take advantage of the pre-summer package as it offers many amenities!

Room Tip: If you want to be close to the spa, I would recommend choosing the 1st or 2nd floor.
1  Thank Yvonne M
Reviewed July 27, 2014

We went to Interlaken in the beginning of July… little city, beautiful and very charming. The hotel is located right in front of the main park, with a beautiful view of Jungfrau Mountain, right in the center of the city. We stayed at a suite and we just woke up with Jungfrau view. The room was very spacious, the beds were very comfortable and the bathroom was big. We had a nice welcome with a plate of fruits for us, and popcorn and coke for my daughter. The hotel has an amazing Spa, with a wonderful pool and service. The kids can use the pool, but they have to be with an adult. Breaksfast was delicious and was served at the restaurant with Jungfrau view also. The service and staff were great, very helpful and friendly. You can go everywhere walking from the hotel. I will certainly go back someday to Interlaken, and definitely will stay again at this hotel.

1  Thank rstamada
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Just spent a week at this hotel and I have to say I wouldn't rate our overall experience there .The bedroom was fine and the facilities in the hotel were excellent .The breakfast was average .There were two headwaiters walking around but barely said good morning .They just seemed to walk around and do very little.We were sitting one morning for 8 minutes before we were asked what we would like to drink .The hot buffet was average and lukewarm mostly.The bars were empty most nights even though a pianist was playing .The concierge Dragan I think was the only person who appeared to know his job and was most helpful no matter what you asked him.We have stayed in many five star hotels but while facilities are excellent it lacks something .Its such a pity because with a bit more staff input it has the potential to be a great hotel.In the meantime I certainly would not recommend it

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Ext6
Reviewed July 26, 2014

We stayed at the Victoria Jungfrau for 7 nights in July 2014. Overall the hotel was lovely, the building and facilities are great, however when you are staying at hotels in this price bracket you really come to expect near perfection in every field - I felt that in some ways the Victoria did not deliver this. I do not mean this to be deliberately negative but everything in the hotel was so good in general that only the negatives really matter so here they are:

1. The hotel restaurants are slow and way overpriced, the Jungfrau Brasserie especially (see my separate review). Dinner in the Brasserie was well over 350 CHF for 4 people (2 courses) and took nearly 3 hours - pretty unacceptable in my book. The Italian restaurant is definitely better, but still not amazing.

2. Some of the staff seem uninterested and not genuine in wanting to offer help. Maybe this is because of the constant deluge of rude tourists they have to deal with, but I found some of the staff at the concierge desk and front entrance to be somewhat surly and inattentive - almost resentful of the fact that I wanted them to bring my car around to the front of the hotel for example. Some restaurant staff were also inattentive - such as having to ask for the bill 3 times before it was delivered in the empty lounge at 11pm.

3. You have to pay 35 CHF a day for parking. I have never been to a luxury hotel at this price point where they make you pay for the privilege of parking. Of course you can dismiss this saying "if you can afford the rooms then you can afford 35 CHF a day for parking" but I found it a desperate penny pinching tactic which true luxury establishments would avoid.

4. The hotel advertises a tennis court as one of it's facilities. We waited for over an hour for the court to be free at which point we asked to borrow some racquets - we then were informed that hotel guests had to pay to use the tennis courts and to borrow racquets - nearly 40 CHF for an hour. The booking schedule was totally empty for the entire week. Another totally unnecessary penny pinching effort - I have never been to another luxury hotel which charges to use the advertised hotel facilities.

5. The hotel sells out its facilities to non hotel guests at a price, including the gym, tennis and spa. The people we waited for to use the tennis court were not hotel guests. I know many places do this, but the facilities are directly attached to the hotel and not in a separate building indicating (to me at least) that they were for the sole use of hotel guests. Not a deal breaker, just another annoyance.

6. The TV system in the room was extremely dated with only 3 English channels (BBC Entertainment, CNN and CNBC). The TV was one of those first generation flat screen TVs from around 2007. In a luxury hotel of this standard it is ludicrous to provide guests with a TV system so dated. Even cheap business hotels offer Otrum systems with 80+ channels in every language and easy HDMI connection to use your laptop on the TV. I had to use my phone as a remote to access the necessary input to use my laptop on the phone since the remote didn't even have a "source" button on it. This probably annoyed me the most, please replace the TVs asap with something new, really unacceptable in this day and age.

If none of this stuff bothers you (and you are feeling flush) then definitely go for the Victoria if you are in Interlaken - the building is very impressive and the views and location even more so. For me it was a good stay, but was slightly blighted by the small annoyances which I discovered.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front of the hotel are a must, the views are fantastic.
3  Thank Felix G