Reading some of the other reviews, I hate to be redundant, but....
Check-in was seamless....Valet>Concierge>Reception; our luggage was in the room by the time we got there; the cool washcloths at reception - first time I've seen that - nice touch!
We also had the Amex Platinum upgrade - gorgeous suite with huge balcony facing the Jungfrau and the hang glider landing area! The newly upgraded bath was almost perfect, but I'm not fond of plastic spaceship showers - small, and difficult to close the doors and not flood the room.
Regret - we never made it to the spa.
Restaurants - I will review those separately, but at The Jungfrau Brasserie the food was outstanding, but the service lacked polish - no big deal. The chef at The Jungfrau Brasserie was amazing - all courses absolutely infused with flavor;
La Terrasse was probably the most disappointing meal of our 3+ week trip - the service was impeccable, but the food was blah at best - we had the 'Pork 6 Ways' menu - what a disservice to that poor little pig. And for the tidy sum of $600+ for 2 (including wine, which I had to choose as the sommelier/maître d' really had no clue what to serve with the set menu)...
However, the pianist in the La Terrasse restaurant was incredible!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Interlaken's Leading Hotel, housed in palatial building with fine views of the Jungfrau Mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Victoria Jungfrau Grand Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Victoria Jungfrau Grand Hotel And Spa
- Victoria Jungfrau Grand Hotel Interlaken
- Victoria Jungfrau Grand Spa