I have been to many high end luxury hotel, and this one is by far the worst one I have been to and also the most overrated one. Lets start by once me and my wife were check-in, we wanted to have the afternoon tea buffet because we heard it was suppose to be very good. Since there was no one available near the tea buffet, we approached the assistant manager to ask if we can get a seat. We were very surprise by her response Just saying " everything is reserved". So we went to the reception to ask for a table, then we were directed again to the same area to seat down. After 10 minutes past with no one to help us, we stopped the assistant manager again to ask for help, and what she said was truly amazing: "what do you want???" And then followed by "this table is reserve too! You can seat by the bar and eat there."
I have been to many hotels all over the world, but this is by far the worst attitude I have ever encountered. My wife of course went ballistic and went to the reception to complaint about our experience. All the manager did there was they will reviewed with their staff and brush us off.
Just when I thought it couldn't get even worst, the free wifi wouldn't work, so I was force to go to the reception again and ask for help. A young lady told me the reception for the wifi is better at the concierge, so I might get help there. So I went! Then the concierge said my phone was the problem, and brush me off to the reception again! So off I went to the reception again, and by this time my wife was so angry she already went back to our room. So at the reception, this young lady came up with the conclusion that the problem was my phone, and she practically rolled her eye when I said my phone worked in Rome, Milan, engelberg, London, and simply said "we are different, sorry, your phone does not work."
WOW WOW WOW....
At this point I was lost of word of how angry and disappointed I am. Anyway I manage to use the wifi 30 minutes later at my room BY MYSELF and WITHOUT THEIR HELP. we just want out of this hotel so we woke up at 6am next morning and checked out ASAP then went to Zurich.
I usually don't write any reviews for any hotel because I usually don't have the time, but the SERVICE AND STAFFS at the Victoria Jungfrac Grand Hotel is so amazingly bad that I have to let other people know about this place.
I WILL NEVER RETURN TO THIS PLACE AND I WOULDN'T RECOMMEND ANYONE TO STAY HERE.
At last, this is such a shame because Switzerland is such a beautiful country and I had such a great time in other hotels and parts of the country especially Engelberg. The experience here put a very tinted spot on our vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Interlaken's Leading Hotel, housed in palatial building with fine views of the Jungfrau Mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Victoria Jungfrau Grand Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Victoria Jungfrau Grand Hotel And Spa
- Victoria Jungfrau Grand Hotel Interlaken
- Victoria Jungfrau Grand Spa