“Worst experience ever!”

Victoria Jungfrau Grand Hotel & Spa
Ranked #3 of 40 Hotels in Interlaken
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I have been to many high end luxury hotel, and this one is by far the worst one I have been to and also the most overrated one. Lets start by once me and my wife were check-in, we wanted to have the afternoon tea buffet because we heard it was suppose to be very good. Since there was no one available near the tea buffet, we approached the assistant manager to ask if we can get a seat. We were very surprise by her response Just saying " everything is reserved". So we went to the reception to ask for a table, then we were directed again to the same area to seat down. After 10 minutes past with no one to help us, we stopped the assistant manager again to ask for help, and what she said was truly amazing: "what do you want???" And then followed by "this table is reserve too! You can seat by the bar and eat there."

WOW...

I have been to many hotels all over the world, but this is by far the worst attitude I have ever encountered. My wife of course went ballistic and went to the reception to complaint about our experience. All the manager did there was they will reviewed with their staff and brush us off.

Again WOW...

Just when I thought it couldn't get even worst, the free wifi wouldn't work, so I was force to go to the reception again and ask for help. A young lady told me the reception for the wifi is better at the concierge, so I might get help there. So I went! Then the concierge said my phone was the problem, and brush me off to the reception again! So off I went to the reception again, and by this time my wife was so angry she already went back to our room. So at the reception, this young lady came up with the conclusion that the problem was my phone, and she practically rolled her eye when I said my phone worked in Rome, Milan, engelberg, London, and simply said "we are different, sorry, your phone does not work."

WOW WOW WOW....

At this point I was lost of word of how angry and disappointed I am. Anyway I manage to use the wifi 30 minutes later at my room BY MYSELF and WITHOUT THEIR HELP. we just want out of this hotel so we woke up at 6am next morning and checked out ASAP then went to Zurich.

I usually don't write any reviews for any hotel because I usually don't have the time, but the SERVICE AND STAFFS at the Victoria Jungfrac Grand Hotel is so amazingly bad that I have to let other people know about this place.

I WILL NEVER RETURN TO THIS PLACE AND I WOULDN'T RECOMMEND ANYONE TO STAY HERE.

At last, this is such a shame because Switzerland is such a beautiful country and I had such a great time in other hotels and parts of the country especially Engelberg. The experience here put a very tinted spot on our vacation.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
28  Thank Tony L
There are newer reviews for Victoria Jungfrau Grand Hotel & Spa

Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

Just loved the hotel, a beautiful historical building with a lots of charm.
I had a superb suit just in front of this lovely Jungfrau and I enjoyed time to time this view on my balcony, it was a bit chilly to sit on outdoor but nevertheless I just couldn't resist to do it.
The bathroom needed to be updated but it was a minor problem.
Overall, I just enjoyed to stay in this hotel.
Next visit, I shall definitely try their famous spa!!!

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Cocolic
Reviewed November 9, 2013

A perfect getaway for a wonderful weekend. The spa and pool area is exceptional. The general area offers wonderful walks in the mountains. The food was delicious, especially at the Italian restaurant Quaranta Uno. Beautiful location and meticulously well kept. Well worth a visit !

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Leila D
Reviewed November 8, 2013

This hotel made one feel very welcomed and all my requests during my stay were met with a smile. The breakfast room is very spacious and offers nice places to look outside and enjoy the view. I had a room looking at the mountain Jungfrau and observing paragliders landing right on the meadow in front of the hotel. This was very enjoyable. I was not able to take advantage of the Spa as I was there on a business trip, but the business rooms were clean, light and had all the materials provided that are needed during a meeting. The snacks that were provided during small pauses were not only convenient and handy, but also very delicious.
All in all, it was a very pleasant visit.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Helvi M
Reviewed November 6, 2013

room

let me start that we arrived in at 12 pm in after noon , even after booking their most expensive suite , we were made to wait for 3 hours and we only received our room at 4 pm in afternoon. Rooms dont have proper ventiation system. The area where the bed is placed on the first floor has no windows and ventilation is a big mess. We had to request them to give us 2 table fans.The start of our honeymoon was already ruined.

Food:-
breakfast spread is good but the choices are the usual and vegetarian options are less.
Lunch and dinner we went to local restraunts in interlaken which are far more better then grand victoria.

Concierge:-
they were helpful and nice and provided us with all the possible details and have good knowledge about the interlaken and surroundings.

Over all recommendation.
There are not many good hotels in interlaken , So if you want to choose a luxury propery this sadly remains your best bet . But its not even close to being called a 5 star.

Room Tip: dont choose their penthouse suites... Thier normal rooms are ok to stay
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mrj20mrj20
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I am surpised at many of the comments offering negative views of the hotel as I found nothing that would concur with these views of surly staff and por service. Amazing setting, elegant surroundings, great food and exceptional staff amidst an amazing backdrop of some of the highest and most beautiful mountains in the world.

Room Tip: No advice needed, just exceptional
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights and did not feel this hotel was 5 stars. The service in this hotel is very lacking. The staff seems very unhappy and angry most of the time, we did not even see one smile.
We arrived early for checkin and had our luggage stored with the staff at concierge. He was helpful to carry my bag to a desserted area in the basement to go to the bathroom but left me there. How did he expect a girl to carry 25kg luggage up the stairs? There was no one around to help me as it was a desserted area of the hotel. It took me half an hour of dragging and I was nearly in tears.
I asked the desk to recommend the best fondue place and it was the worst fondue place in town called Bebbis. The place was filled with Asian tourist groups and the food was unbearable. I think because I looked Asian so she recommended the place.
The hotel itself was a bit dated and some areas smelled a bit funny. When we arrived in our room, there was a dirty towel in the bathtub the housekeeping must have left behind.
Having said all that, I had the best message at the Espa. The place is stunning. The breakfast was fantastic and the restaurants at the hotel were very good.

However I would not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2013