“Great room with an amazing view of jungfrau!”

Victoria Jungfrau Grand Hotel & Spa
Ranked #3 of 40 Hotels in Interlaken
“Great room with an amazing view of jungfrau!”
Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

Just loved the hotel, a beautiful historical building with a lots of charm.
I had a superb suit just in front of this lovely Jungfrau and I enjoyed time to time this view on my balcony, it was a bit chilly to sit on outdoor but nevertheless I just couldn't resist to do it.
The bathroom needed to be updated but it was a minor problem.
Overall, I just enjoyed to stay in this hotel.
Next visit, I shall definitely try their famous spa!!!

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Cocolic

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Lausanne, Switzerland
Reviewed November 9, 2013

A perfect getaway for a wonderful weekend. The spa and pool area is exceptional. The general area offers wonderful walks in the mountains. The food was delicious, especially at the Italian restaurant Quaranta Uno. Beautiful location and meticulously well kept. Well worth a visit !

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Leila D
Bergisch Gladbach, Germany
Reviewed November 8, 2013

This hotel made one feel very welcomed and all my requests during my stay were met with a smile. The breakfast room is very spacious and offers nice places to look outside and enjoy the view. I had a room looking at the mountain Jungfrau and observing paragliders landing right on the meadow in front of the hotel. This was very enjoyable. I was not able to take advantage of the Spa as I was there on a business trip, but the business rooms were clean, light and had all the materials provided that are needed during a meeting. The snacks that were provided during small pauses were not only convenient and handy, but also very delicious.
All in all, it was a very pleasant visit.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Helvi M
mumbai
Reviewed November 6, 2013

room

let me start that we arrived in at 12 pm in after noon , even after booking their most expensive suite , we were made to wait for 3 hours and we only received our room at 4 pm in afternoon. Rooms dont have proper ventiation system. The area where the bed is placed on the first floor has no windows and ventilation is a big mess. We had to request them to give us 2 table fans.The start of our honeymoon was already ruined.

Food:-
breakfast spread is good but the choices are the usual and vegetarian options are less.
Lunch and dinner we went to local restraunts in interlaken which are far more better then grand victoria.

Concierge:-
they were helpful and nice and provided us with all the possible details and have good knowledge about the interlaken and surroundings.

Over all recommendation.
There are not many good hotels in interlaken , So if you want to choose a luxury propery this sadly remains your best bet . But its not even close to being called a 5 star.

Room Tip: dont choose their penthouse suites... Thier normal rooms are ok to stay
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mrj20mrj20
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I am surpised at many of the comments offering negative views of the hotel as I found nothing that would concur with these views of surly staff and por service. Amazing setting, elegant surroundings, great food and exceptional staff amidst an amazing backdrop of some of the highest and most beautiful mountains in the world.

Room Tip: No advice needed, just exceptional
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights and did not feel this hotel was 5 stars. The service in this hotel is very lacking. The staff seems very unhappy and angry most of the time, we did not even see one smile.
We arrived early for checkin and had our luggage stored with the staff at concierge. He was helpful to carry my bag to a desserted area in the basement to go to the bathroom but left me there. How did he expect a girl to carry 25kg luggage up the stairs? There was no one around to help me as it was a desserted area of the hotel. It took me half an hour of dragging and I was nearly in tears.
I asked the desk to recommend the best fondue place and it was the worst fondue place in town called Bebbis. The place was filled with Asian tourist groups and the food was unbearable. I think because I looked Asian so she recommended the place.
The hotel itself was a bit dated and some areas smelled a bit funny. When we arrived in our room, there was a dirty towel in the bathtub the housekeeping must have left behind.
Having said all that, I had the best message at the Espa. The place is stunning. The breakfast was fantastic and the restaurants at the hotel were very good.

However I would not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank lhm8
Switzerland
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We stayed here for several times in the last years and always liked our visit. But this time, it was a bit disappointing. While I am still a fan from the hotel grounds, the architecture and the spa, I found the service (in some places), food and room just ok.
The food at the italian restaurant was ok but not more. The waiter in the restaurant was very friendly and the interior of the restaurant quaranta uno modern and up to date. We had lunch and dinner at the terrasse bar and intermezzo bar which again was just ok and overpriced for what we got. The intermezzo bar in the evening was abandonned and we waited for 20 minutes until my husband called a waiter from the other bar to order.
Our room was a superior double jungfrau view. The size was ok (about 25m2) but a bit dated, especially the bathroom. Towels were missing in the bath on arrival and the cotton pads already open. Sounds picky but for nearly CHF 600/night I expect a perfect service. The reception messed up something with our bill (charged double the spa) and checked us out one day before the actual departure date.

The spa treatment instead was very good. The facilities, look and feel at the ESPA-spa is lovely and new but can only used when a treatment is booked. The "normal" spa/pool is for everyone.
We noticed this time many guest, attending a convention. The atmosphere was different, not a luxurious and exclusive place anymore.
I still give the hotel a chance but rooms, food and service in some places need improvement. One last word, in some part of the hotel, the service was excellent (e.g.concierge/car parking, breakfast...).

Room Tip: Junfrau view. ask for a balcony/terrasse
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple