This hotel was a world-class act straight through, with only one minor hiccup.
We traveled with a 16 month old infant. They greeted us with bathrobes and slippers for everyone -- including a tiny child sized bathrobe and slippers! Our room faced the yard in front, so our little one spent hours laughing at the paragliders coming off the mountains and landing in front. Rooms facing this front lawn have a direct view of Jungfrau and the valley.
Rooms were clean, spacious, and well laid out. Bed was firm and comfortable. Interestingly, the TV was small considering the size of the room -- a slight reminder that perhaps you should be outside taking in the natural beauty that is Interlaken, rather than sitting in a room watching TV? :) Whatever the case, this was not an issue for us.
The pool was also great, including many hot tubs and a salt-water outdoor heated bath. There was a "kid's hour" every day for the pool, where the staff brought out all manners of beach toys, which was a great subtle way to encourage families with children to bring their kids down at that time only.... On the topic of kid-friendliness: the breakfast buffet had a nutritious and varied kid-station, and all our room service meals came with coloring placemats and small sets of colored pencils. The hotel seemed genuinely glad that our kid was there, which, for parents, just made our job so much easier and relaxing.
Great restaurants, even better cigar room. My request for their scotch menu was met with a smile and "what would you like"?
Room service: they were understaffed for the low season when we stayed, so room service took a few minutes longer than they promised. This was pretty much the only glitch. There is some sound travel between rooms, as you'd expect from older construction, but curtains around the bedroom blocked out most of the sound.
Already planning our return trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Interlaken's Leading Hotel, housed in palatial building with fine views of the Jungfrau Mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, HRS and Evoline ltd so you can book your Victoria Jungfrau Grand Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Victoria Jungfrau Grand Hotel And Spa
- Victoria Jungfrau Grand Hotel Interlaken
- Victoria Jungfrau Grand Spa