Flying Wheels Electric Bike Tours

from $195.37
More Info
from $102.34
More Info
All reviews trummelbach falls our tour guide lauterbrunnen valley grosse scheidegg dairy farm fresh milk highlight of our trip two hours amazing experience miriam route ride scenery cruisers switzerland lakes gravel
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 week ago

This 3 hour guided bicycle tour using E-bikes was a tremendous experience and an excellent way to see some of the most stunning Swiss countryside in the very heart of the Alps. The ride took us through the valley near Interlaken incorporating stops at a dairy farm, Lake Thun and Lake Brienz, the ruins of a castle first built in the 1300’s, and small villages all surrounded by majestic peaks including the famous Eiger, Monch, and Jungfrau. Our guide Carmilio was the perfect host explaining the history behind each stop, while happily interjecting interesting tidbits about local culture and facts about Swiss ingenuity. He was such a good host, we were sad that we had to say goodbye when it was over. The trip was mostly on flat terrain, but when needed, the E-bike made any uphill climb a breeze. I would highly recommend this activity as perfect way to experience the beauty of Switzerland while absorbing the lifestyle of the local residents. Flying Wheels, located an easy walk from Interlaken Ost train station, could not been more accommodating in making this venture one that will be remembered for a lifetime.

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Interlaken is a very beautiful place between two beautiful lakes. It’s nice to walk downtown along the Main Street, but, with 2 young energetic kids we needed to find something to do that will be satisfying to all...i found cycling as a suitable option!...I found “flying wheels Interlaken and had a wonderful time! They supplied us with helmets and fixed each one a comfortable bike and gave us maps and instructed us the cycling route. You can be sure about the navigation with blue signs along the way. I used also simultaneously google map online just to be sure of the directions...the navigation was an adventure and challenging mission... we took a 4 hours rent in order to enjoy the way including a cold sparkling wine on the lake ( near the golf) the view there (not only there) was breathtaking.
Must do and worm recommendation!!!

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed July 24, 2019

We rented two of the Youmo cruiser e-bikes. This is the way to go! They made it super easy to ride a long time and up into the mountains. Staff was super helpful in recommending the right bike for us and listening to where we wanted to go and do. Great day of riding for a couple that doesn't ride often at all.

Date of experience: June 2019
Reviewed July 20, 2019

Our group of three rented electric bikes for 2 hours on the Lake Thun route. The staff at Flying Wheels were great at explaining the various rental options, and got us on our way within 10 minutes. We enjoyed the ride very much, which was advertised as easy, and was fairly effortless with the help of the electric motor. We were pleased that the route took us through a combination of city and scenic areas. Two hours was plenty of time, and gave us time to stop at a cafe for a snack. Pay close attention to the signs that will keep you on the bicycle route.

Date of experience: July 2019
Reviewed July 17, 2019

The location of this rental place is conveniently located near the bus/train station in Interlaken. They were quite busy but the staff was extremely helpful, I wish I knew the lady's name because she was EXCEPTIONAL! We rented E-bikes for 3 hours, they gave us a map and provided details, and we were off. We rode to waterfalls that were out of this world!

Date of experience: July 2019
Reviewed June 27, 2019

Shortly after leaving the shop with my Flying Wheels rental bike, I realized that I that had a dragging brake or fender. The bike tire whistled and rode as if the brake was constantly on. I was unable to ride comfortably. Our group of 6 returned in 1 hour to request assistance. When I explained my bike was dragging, the proprietor was very insistent that the bike was fine and that I should continue our ride with the bike. After further discussion, he allowed me to trade, rather than use only one hour of our 2 hour reservation. He was very demeaning to me before allowing the trade. The replacement FlyingWheels rental bike was a pleasure to ride and I enjoyed the remaining time.

Date of experience: June 2019
Frank S, Owner at Flying Wheels Electric Bike Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2019

Hello Carol
I was expecting you to put this review, and I also told you yesterday that I will respond to it in an appropriate way.
Your bike didn't have a problem, the fender was just rubbing a tiny little bit on the front wheel, it took me about 1 second to "fix" the rubbing fender. There was of course no problem with the brakes.
You didn't ask for assistance, you asked for a refund, which I refused. First of all there was no problem, and of course I offered you to exchange the bike, which then was the solution for the situation. We always try to replace a bike if a customer has problems riding it, even if nothing is wrong with the bike. As long as we still have bikes to replace we are happy to do so.
When this "problem" would have been a real problem: why haven't you returned the bike immediately after you started? I didn't do the rental itself, means I have not handed out the bike to you. I'm asking myself why a problem on the bike which made you unable to ride comfortably, wasn't a problem when you left our shop?
Now we exchanged the bike for you, which we would have done anyways if you returned it right after your ride started, the problem on your bike wasn't a real problem (remember: I fixed the slightly rubbing fender in 1 second and you confirmed that the "problem" was gone), and you still give us a 1 star review?
Everybody should judge him- or herself if something went wrong here in a way that justifies a 1 star review.
Thanks and best regards