“food was not good and late serving”
Review of Shalimar

Shalimar
Ranked #148 of 172 Restaurants in Interlaken
Cuisines: Pakistani
Description: Phone Number 033 821 24 14 They also claim to serve Indian Cuisine
Description: Phone Number 033 821 24 14 They also claim to serve Indian Cuisine
Houston, Texas
“food was not good and late serving”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

being native pakistani we know taste very Well
Food was not good for what they are charging
service was Horrible i have ever experience

Visited August 2013
2 Thank zulfikarmomin1

• Arabic first
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
“Very bad test. And very very expensive”
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

I orderd tow chicken beryani, one chicken curry and butter chicken. The worst food I have ever test. The price another story, it was 105 frank!!!.. so please please dont even think about it

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank Khalaf111
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
“Tasty Food”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Pretty decent food is served here. It was a bit disappointing that vegetarian options are a bit less Given the fact that Switzerland itself is a quiet costly place to eat out, found Shalimar to be affordable. Butter Paneer Masala was very yummy.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Snow G
Stockholm, Sweden
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pretty Decent”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I and my wife enjoyed a very good meal along with courteous demeanor of staff. It was my first visit to Interlaken and caught sight of first Indian restaurant walking from Interlaken Ost train station an it was Shalimar and it was quite full. It was about 9PM and we were not that hungry. We inquired about the closing time and got a respectful answer from a staff member-10PM. Can we enter at 9:55, we jokingly asked to which he said - they can not guaranty - Fair Enough. We went for a round to the main street in Interlaken. We did not see any other Indian restaurant while walking. We decided to at about 9:50PM to go back to Shalimar and try if it is open. Only a few guests were there now and all seemed almost done. I asked same staff member if we can order now. To our joy he agreed and adviced on what we should try. We followed the advice and got a very nice meal. Ambience can be improved but otherwiese it was a good experience. I was in Interlaken for 2 nights but did not go to Shalimar again purely because i wanted to try different cuisine the next night. Do not want to agree with other reviews but then those reviewers might think the same for my review.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Shiv M
“Stay Away - Shady people”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We went this restaurant during our last trip. We ordered chicken biryani, chicken curry and two nuns. We were planning to take a train from Interlaken to Zurich. So, we were in a hurry and requested for fast service. My biggest mistake was telling the owner that I am leaving soon in a train. The bill was 61 CHF. To give you a comparison, similar food would cost about $20-$25 USD in Bayarea, California. So, about 3x more expensive than California, USA. It was an expensive meal to say the least. The food was average. Overall, I was disappointed with the food.

After settling the bill with my credit card and leaving the restaurant, the owner called us back again. He then acted (almost crying) as if the credit card charge did not go through and wanted us to pay cash. I felt bad for him. He was speaking in Hindi. I did not have that much local currency with me. Since my train was leaving, I offered to give him $100 USD. The owner gave me back 15 CHF. I did not pay attention to the exchange rate. After going back to hotel, I realized that he should have given me back 32 CHF. Not only that, my credit card was charged. I got screwed.

I called the restaurant 5 times (international) to fix this. Not only they did not give me back my credit, they were talking to me in most inappropriate manner. In one conversation, one person was addressing me as…. ’Listen my darling…’ OMG. Very unprofessional.

This experience ruined my day at Interlaken and the next day. I could live with the high priced bad food. But, the acting / drama and screwing tourists over for few bucks really gets under my skin. I never expected that from deshi people in Switzerland.

Now all of you are warned. Say away.

• Visited May 2013