“Rubbish food, horrible place to go !!”
Review of Shalimar

Shalimar
Ranked #146 of 176 Restaurants in Interlaken
Cuisines: Pakistani
Description: Phone Number 033 821 24 14 They also claim to serve Indian Cuisine
Description: Phone Number 033 821 24 14 They also claim to serve Indian Cuisine
Reviewed May 18, 2013

An absolute no go for everyone. I can almost assure you that the review by miss Alisha B is a fake one as nothing of what she has written is true about this horrible place. Please avoid this take away pakistani kitchen shop at all costs.

3  Thank Mickey B

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Wife, daughter and I visited this restaurant on Friday the 3 May 2013. Ordered for a raita and a chicken dish. Since menu said that all dishes served with basmati rice ordered for just one chapati for me since I am diabetic and heart patient undergone angiography. Therefore only one dish since I eat very little in such restaurants due to high oil content. The tall well built Indian or Pakistani said we must order at least two dishes between three. I explained that I cannot because of dietary restrictions and would just eat one chapati and little of chicken. He remarked as if heart patients dont eat (needs training?). He then said that he will serve only two persons with that order since he claimed that they were instructed by the owner. We then walked out of the restaurant.

Ironically just two days back we went to same place on 1 May 2013 and another more polite person accepted our order for one vegetarian dish (alu gobi) raita and chapati and he gladly accepted the order. However, we did not read the menu that all dishes served with basmati rice and we were not served basmati rice and had ordered 3 chapati s (this is cheating?). When this rude man was not willing to accept the order the other "polite man" was a silent spectator.

We will never ever visit this place and recommend others also to avoid such disgusting experiences when you are in a happy holidaying mood.

4  Thank Krajan99
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I am so irritated by this person at this restaurant that I came back to my BnB and started writing this review. I just want people to avoid this place at any cost. Firstly, the service was horrible, we ordered mutter paneer, it came to us after half hour (we were the only customers) and its state was as follow; frozen paneer + sabzi masala from top, he might have shook it in a wok for some time and brought it in front of us. The sabzi masala was sticking on the mutter as it is (in other words it was half cooked). Then the guy starts asking personal questions, aap kahan se hain and so on..he then told at one point of time, its good that there are lot of restrictions on asians to work in switzerland; context was that there are many asians in UK. I was terrified, because I see most (not all) asians in UK as making the economy and living there sustainable and they are contributing to the country in their own ways. Nyways...bottomline..dont go to this restaurant if you are visiting interlaken.

3  Thank Zim-Zeem
Reviewed October 11, 2012

The restaurant is near the Interlaken Ost station. It offers a choice of both vegetarian and non-vegetarian (claimed to be Halal by the owner) food.

2  Thank ashoo123
Reviewed October 4, 2012

To start with the food was tasteless. Chicken Biryani looked like rice and chicken had a fight, they were like two separate dishes in one plate. Service was also very poor. It took ages for the food to come. Avoid if you can.

3  Thank Sharad S