On a recent trip to Switzerland, my wife and I stayed at the Aspen Hotel in Grindelwald. Loved the hotel!!! Staff were friendly, and the atmosphere was very relaxing and allowed us to kick-back and take in the scenery. The views are spectacular.
The hotel is located about 7 min from the cute little ski town of Grindelwald. It overlooks the valley, as well as the surrounding mountains. The hotel is very modern inside an extremely clean. When you walk in the doors, you will be instantly smiling! I know I was....and this is coming from someone who runs a hotel as a GM in Canada.
A couple of things I would like them to improve on:
- No HVAC/Air Conditioning in the Room so had to sleep with door open all night.
- No Elevator if in the main lodge (Although they did offer to assist with luggage)
- I wish they had sheets on the bed, not just a duvet. When its hot, your only option should not be a duvet.
- Drive is a little long and difficult from Grindelwald, and without a GPS, it would be hard to find.
Other than that, we had a very good stay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This chalet hotel is a true discovery with its unique sun terrace next to the ski slope heading down the valley, hiking passes on the doorstep and delightful, typically Swiss details to its interior. In the year 2012 a suite annex, together with a wellness area with outdoor whirlpool, were built and the hotel was completely renovated.This modern house in a rustic, chalet style puts importance on uncomplicated and innovative mountain tourism with close ties ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotel.de, Agoda, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Aspen Alpin Lifestyle Hotel Grindelwald reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aspen Hotel Grindelwald