“Go for cheese fondue and Rosti”
Review of Derbystube

Derbystube
Ranked #19 of 72 Restaurants in Grindelwald
Hong Kong, China
“Go for cheese fondue and Rosti”
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

Nice location, we tried their cheese fondue and Rosti, they are nice. You cant expect very good service here as waiters are quite busy, they were just in a hurry most of the time.

• Visited July 2014

• Korean first
Leuven, Belgium
“Very good place to eat a traditional fondue”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

We wanted to have a traditionale cheese fondue, and this restaurant was recommended by our hotel. We were not disappointed: served in a tradional way and in a typical wooden interior, several types of Swiss fondue are available.

• Visited March 2014
Singapore, Singapore
“Cosy Place”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

My hubby and I wanted to try cheese fondue and they claimed to be the best fondue so we decided to try. If you like cheese fondue, try it. I don't really like the wine in the cheese so I didn't enjoy much. But if you like it, I would think I would be nice. Besides, we also ordered Rosti. I like it just that it was too oily. Beer is fantastic and the service was great!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank cArIne3366
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“High calorie meal but worth it.”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Had the most amazing Fondue and Racclette with jacket potatoes. Rounded off with caramel custard. Value for money. Excellent location next to the station. Stuffed to the brim and enjoyed the Swiss cheese.

Visited May 2014
Gloucestershire
“Best value fondue in Switzerland!”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

This place is right next to the train station which in the UK can sometimes be a 'bad' sign - but not in Switzerland! Lovely atmosphere - clean and cosy - all wooden - very Swiss.

Great fondue menu. I shared the house fondue with my 7 year old daughter and it was plenty for us both (and she's a big eater!). Only 24CH! It cost that EACH in other places I looked at during our travels. Can't fairly comment on the quality as it's the only one we tried during our holiday bit I found it delicious and good fun as fondue is with all the extra bits involved.

The first waiter was a lovely friendly man who explained the fondue menu and assured one would be fine for us which it was. Sadly we didn't see him again and had a rather dour older man. He served the fondue without ceremony or explanation - foolish since we can't be the first pair of idiot tourists he's ever encountered - I mean, it's Grindelwald. Next to the train station. After a while the fondue began to boil furiously and burn. Not realising you could turn the burner down I took the pot off the heat. He rushed over and admonished me saying a could have burnt the table (true - luckily I hadn't!!!) and showed me how to turn the burner down. I then tried to scrap the brown bits off the bottom of the pot and to my horror caused scratch marks! Luckily they went unnoticed - the moral of the story - ask how the burner works...

The toilets were so fab my daughter took some photos which I will post.

Well worth a visit just for the fondue and the toilets!

As ever, the bargain dessert was a scoop of icecream or sorbet for 2.80CH.

• Visited May 2014