Hotel Lauberhorn
$198
Hotel Grindelwalderhof(Grindelwald)(Great Value!)
$367
  • Breakfast included
Central Hotel Wolter(Grindelwald)(Great Value!)
$174
$344
$293
Hotwire.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewslocal advicemountain bikingbreadbus stop right outside the hotelenjoyed my staymountain viewbreakfast was deliciousstayed here for nightsoutstanding hoteleasy accessvillage centrewould definitely stay here againnorth facegrindelwald train stationski roomevery morningswiss alps
Reviewed September 16, 2009

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The staff that I dealt with were, with one exception, very friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and pleasant, if a little basic - for example there was no kettle. The hotel was interesting, with an unusual style seemingly targeted towards outdoor sports enthusiasts, and had a number of nice rooms in which to sit and get a coffee or a drink. The breakfasts were very good, being a buffett of croissants, bread, meat, cheese, coffee, orange juice and so on. I can't think of any serious downsides to this hotel and would stay there again. The hotel was located on the outskirts of town and so a 15-20 minute walk was required to get into town.
I was however surprised that the owner, Beni, was somewhat cold and disinterested as we checked out - no smile, no 'how was your stay' or anything like that.
But, all in all a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 19, 2009

I don't like writing negative reviews but Conny and Beni, the Lauberhorns' owners are unfriendly, phony people who shouldn't be working with the general public. When I arrived with my wife for a 5 night stay I asked Beni if he could recommend a great hike. His response was "that's a silly question". Very condescending and rude, as if I asked a stupid question! Cony, his wife, wasn't any better. I asked for some help setting up a tennis game at the Grindelwald Tennis Center and she acted totally put out by my request for a little German translation with the non-english speaking man who took court reservations. When we left the hotel after a 5 night stay, we asked Conny to drive us down the hill to the train station. She obliged, but on the five minute drive did not utter a single word to us! No questions about how we enjoyed our stay at the Lauberhorn or where we were traveling next ! She was very cold and ungrateful for our business. Totally infuriating!!
The Lauberhorn is a steep 15 minute walk from the heart of spectacular Grindelwald and can be quite taxing physically to get back to, especially if you have been hiking all day or have a late dinner. The rooms are quite small but the view was magnificent. The view made up for the rude owners. Conny was quite friendly to her German and Italian guests at the check-out counter, asking them how their stay was. Not us. Maybe she doesn't like Americans. We won't be back!!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MisterBespoke
Reviewed August 6, 2009

Eiger North Face was very good from room balcony,that was GREAT View.
Noisy Thin wall beside ROOMs was not GOOD. It was nervous for me.
So you should finish Toilet and Shower until PM 10:00.

Location is about 3km from Central city. it takes 4 Bus stop.
Breakfast was Good!
Telephone facility was none. (Shared) Wireless LAN good!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed July 18, 2008

We were very impressed with the view from our room of the north face of the Eiger. The breakfasts were also very good. The hotel is on the edge of Grindelwald and therefore away from the noise of the town. However there is no sound insulation between rooms, consequently the sound of people walking around in the room above us kept us awake, not to mention the sound of people using the toilet in the room next door! Because of this I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank HB2008
Reviewed July 8, 2008

Amazing staff. Amazing views. Perfect location. Great breakfast. What else can you ask for? The staff even picked us up from the train station and drove us back at the end of our stay. The staff recommended a great trail for us to hike. We loved the views from balcony. I'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Magmath2