“Loved the Hotel Jungfrau Lodge”

Jungfrau Lodge Swiss Mountain Hotel
Ranked #18 of 41 Hotels in Grindelwald
San Jacinto, California
“Loved the Hotel Jungfrau Lodge”
Reviewed August 15, 2005

My wife and I just returned from a fantastic trip to Switzerland. We spent two nights at the Hotel Jungfrau Lodge. We enjoyed our stay and found the hotel staff to be friendly and accomodating to our needs. Our room was in the Hotel Crystal annex across the street, which gave us a FANTASTIC view our the Eiger and surrounding area. We woke up every morning to a postcard view of the mountains. The hotel was a short distance from the train station and several good places to eat. The hotel is very reasonably priced for the area. The restuarant in the hotel is primarily for poeple who book "half board" rates where meals are included. Breakfast is included in the regular rate and was a very nice buffet arrangement with meats, cheeses, breads, etc., which is the standard type of breakfast in Europe. If you are a bacon & eggs kind of person, stay in the USA, you won't find it in Europe.

This was my second stay at this hotel, the first being in 1975 for a ski trip. I would definately stay there again on any future trip to Grindelwald.

• Stayed August 2005
10 Thank Patriot1776

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 8, 2004

I was there with my husband in August 2004. The rooms are very small but with a good view. It is about 5 minutes walk from the station and is quite private. It has very few facilities. Nothing much to talk about but good enough for the price. Would recommend the Best Western Hotels. They are better located and have good food.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 23, 2003

I recently went to Switzerland, which is Sep 2003...spent 2 nights in Grindelwald in Jungfrau Lodge. The view was spectacular from the balcony since I requested for a room with a good view. No complaints about the view....could see the mountains and lush greenery.....amazing view but the negative factor was no Air Conditioning. I thought I would be out all day long and just return to the hotel to sleep.....but believe me, I could not sleep. I asked the receptionist why there was no A/C. I was told that mostly people out in the region did not use A/C bcoz of the superb weather. But that was not the case. It would get quite warm during the daytime. The nearby hotels were almost 4 times expensive than this hotel. I was just waiting to get back to Zurich to hotel Marriott. Oh by the way, that hotel charges for daily parking in case u r driving around. Its about CHF36 a day. Back to the main topic, I would not recommend this hotel to anyone bcoz of no A/C. Also, some of the staff working there are very unfriendly. No grace period for check-out.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Travelers also viewed these Grindelwald hotels
Alpenblick Hotel Pub & Restaurant
#2 of 41 in Grindelwald
Hotel Gletschergarten
Hotel Gletschergarten
#1 of 41 in Grindelwald

Been to Jungfrau Lodge Swiss Mountain Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Jungfrau Lodge Swiss Mountain Hotel

Property: Jungfrau Lodge Swiss Mountain Hotel
Address: Dorfstrasse 49, Grindelwald 3818, Switzerland
Location: Switzerland > Canton of Bern > Bernese Oberland > Jungfrau Region > Grindelwald
Bar / Lounge Free Breakfast Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Ski-In / Ski-Out
#13 Ski-In / Ski-Out Hotel in Grindelwald
#14 Romantic Hotel in Grindelwald
Hotel Class:3 star — Jungfrau Lodge Swiss Mountain Hotel 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your Jungfrau Lodge Swiss Mountain Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Jungfrau Hotel Swiss Mountain