i stayed at the belvedere hotel for 2 nights with my husband. it was our first stay. the hotels biggest asset is most definately the stunning views of the männlichen and especially of the eiger north face.
the hotel itself seems slightly dated.
we stayed in a junior suite which was decently sized and very clean. the bathroom facilities were quite basic. the balcony had a grubby looking carpet which management told us was going to be changed at the end of the summer season. the hotel is very well located a 5 minute walk from the train/ jungfraujoch train station and the village. it takes roughly 15 minutes to get to the first gondola.
there is a small spa area with a pool, a jacuzzi and sauna. it was great soaking in the jacuzzi after a hard days hike.
the staff were all without exception very friendly and efficient.
definitely a nice place to stay when in grindelwald.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Belvedere Grindelwald: Your holiday hotel in Grindelwald! Enjoy your holiday in Switzerland, in the Jungfrau region at the foot of the world-famous Eiger. Relax in the Spa with indoor pool and salt-water Jacuzzi in the garden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Belvedere Swiss Quality Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belvedere Swiss Quality Grindelwald
- Hotel Belvedere Swiss Quality