3 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
$214
Orbitz.com$214
Travelocity$214
CheapTickets$214
1,214 results
All reviews train station fourth generation game room gracious hosts family run authentic swiss family owned hotel charming hotel swiss chalet cable car amazing views large balcony our room was spacious wonderful stay yogurt bernese oberland hiking trails
Selected filters
Reviewed July 31, 2019

The hosts and owners of this hotel are the perfect combination of warm friendliness and efficiency! The hotel is socomfortable with conveniences not found in many, such as cable car and excursion tickets sold right there, and a great self-service laundry for guests. The location is just a few minutes walk from the heart of shopping in town, and the complimentary town bus pass makes things even easier. We WILL stay here again, hopefully many times!

1  Thank Jackie B
Reviewed July 30, 2019

Staying in a traditional 125-year-old Swiss chalet owned and operated by the same family for four generations is a memorable experience made better by the warm, caring hospitality and the exceptional dinners - the best food in the Grindelwald. You will say "Wow!" when you see the views of the mountains from the hotel. In the summer, the hotel is filled with lovely flowers. The staff speaks at least 5 languages. Clothes washer and dryer are available. We have stayed here many times and will return.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Tom S
Reviewed July 29, 2019

We enjoyed our 2 night stay in this lovely hotel in Grindelwald. The room was clean and nicely appointed. We had a nice deck and I was most excited about having a tub. They had laundry facilities that I did not use but others in our group did. We enjoyed our dinner here and the breakfast buffet each morning. I really liked that the hotel wasn't located in the middle of town on the Main Street so it was quieter at night allowing us to open the windows to get a breeze.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2019 via mobile

After reading many reviews online, we chose Hotel Gletschergarten, Grindelwald, yet the experience far exceeded anything we expected. Gabriela and Gery, the owners of this 4th generation, family-owned hotel and restaurant see to it that your stay in this magical town at the base of the Eiger is one you will never forget. The rooms were larger and better appointed than most in the area, with phenomenal views of the Eiger glacier from our spacious balcony. And yes, all those flowers you see in the photos are real!

As a traveler with celiac disease requiring a gluten free diet, their kitchen staff saw to it that my meals there were worry-free. Breakfasts included excellent GF bread, which they brought without my asking, since they were aware of my dietary needs. The four course prix fixe dinner (set menu) which we joined them for on one evening during our stay was delicious. Mine was specially prepared to ensure it was gluten free.

One might think a rainy day in Grindlewald would ruin a visit to this Alpine wonderland. Once again, Gabriela saved the day, laying out a detailed route for us, utilizing our SwissRail pass to take a combination of trains, buses, and aerial tramways on a 6 hour journey that included Trümmelbach Falls (unbelievable) and a wonderful lunch in Mürren. Thank you again, Gabriela!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2019

We weren't sure where to stay in the area, but I had a car, and we wound up choosing Grindelwald for 2 nights and then dumping the car to stay in Murren for 1. That worked out well. For all Rick Steves' disenchantment with Grindelwald, and for all the tourists - that this hotel avoids, being a little further out of town - it's a beautiful place, and I thought the views were better here than in other parts of the overall gorgeous region. I stayed here, even though it was pricey, because I wanted help figuring out what to do and what passes to buy, and the very accommodating owners delivered. They helped me park my car, they have laundry in the basement (for a fee), and they sell you all your tickets which is super helpful during the busy season. The room was basic, but the views from the hotel are magical.

• Trip type: Traveled with family