Alpenblick Hotel Pub & Restaurant(Grindelwald)(Great Value!)
$112
Savings alert! 50% below average rates

The price you found is 50% lower than this hotel's average rate of $225/night.

Hotel Tschuggen(Grindelwald)(Great Value!)
$184
$165
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $211/night.

Parkhotel Schoenegg(Grindelwald)
$230
$222
Central Hotel Wolter(Grindelwald)(Great Value!)
$196
$162
Agoda.com
Hotel Spinne(Grindelwald)
$242
$175
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $238/night.

$345
$169
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of $243/night.

Hotel Kirchbuehl(Grindelwald)
$228
$672
$455
Hotel Website
All reviewsmichel breitensteintrain stationflower boxesfourth generationpurchase ticketsperfect hostsswiss chalet styleping pongowners and staffhistoric hotelwasher and dryerfamily run hotelset menucourse dinnerhome away from homewonderful hotelroom was large
Reviewed July 11, 2009

This is a very nice family run type of hotel. You are greeted warmly and the people will try and help you in any way possible.

The hotel is slightly away from the main area of the city but within walking distance. This is good because it is quiter, yet you can walk to other restaurants and activities. The views are very nice and is is peaceful to on sit on the balcony and see the views.

We had dinner one night at the hotel and it was good. It really was not that much more expensive than other restaurants in town. It was raining the night we ate there and had decided just to stay in and dine at their restaurant.

Some of the furnishings are dated such as the TV and radio. This was not an issue as I was not in Gridelwald to watch TV. An internet station was available for a fee in a parlor type room. I drove to Grindelwald and the hotel did have a few spaces of free parking.

Nice hotel, gracious hosts, nice views and pretty convenient. Good place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2009

My husband and I stayed 3 nights at this charming hotel. I cannot say enough about the warmth and kindness of the host and hostess. They greeted us with a smile and a handshake when we arrived and treated us with friendly hospitality the whole stay. This hotel is 110 years old, an authentic old world chalet with gorgeous old timbers and incredibly detailed decor. Each room is named after the flora and fauna of the area. The decor is wonderfully kitschy, cases filled with Swiss antiques and knickknacks--my favorite were the carved wooden bears playing the sport of curling!
The rooms were modern, comfortable and gleamingly clean. The breakfast buffet had a wide variety of meats, cheeses and breads as well as yogurts and fruits and jams. The sitting rooms made you feel as though you had been transported back to a more relaxed, genteel world. But the views from the balcony of the room, just breath-taking. Mountains, chalets, the picturesque church--it was like viewing a living postcard every morning. We toured Italy, Switzerland and Germany on this trip and stayed in many lovely places. This was, far and away, my absolute favorite place. It felt like a friends home. A really rich friend's home. I could have lived forever in this beautiful place. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 3, 2009

My sister and I stayed here over Memorial Day; she had stayed here 2x previously. What an unexpected treat! The rooms were very quaint with a street-view balcony that was truly lovely. I sat on the balcony and just stared at the mountains and wild flowers for what seemed like hours...truly stunning! The dining room was also very charming...the only place in town that would let us order a simple salad at a reasonable price!! The hotel itself is very charming in and of itself, but the employees are equally as charming--there to cater to your every wish! I only regret that I didn't have a week to spend here--will definitely return.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 1, 2009

I've stayed here 3 times over the past 15 years, and I have cherished each and every stay. The hotel owners are friendly and helpful, and the rooms, while slightly dated, are immaculate. What I particularly like is that the hotel is a short walk up from town, which gets one away from the clusters of tourists that this town attracts.
There is something magical about sitting outside on the balcony, looking at the mountains and alpine flowers.
My sister and I visited over Memorial weekend this year, and she was delighted with the town, the hotel and Switzerland in general. Unfortunately, we stayed here only one night, but could have stayed for a lifetime. We had a room that fronted the street, giving us access to balconies on two sides of our room, and overlooking the town and the mountains. If there was a drawback it is that this hotel, like all the others in Switzerland where we stayed, do not provide coffee makers in the room.
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. It's not a chain hotel but that is what makes it so special.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 12, 2008

We stayed here for 4 nights at the very end of September/beginning of October. This is the low season for the area. It's after summer but before the ski season starts. The weather is variable. Our visit started with blue skies and temperatures in the 60sF. But on the last day, it snowed briefly at the hotel. Since it was low season, very few of the rooms were booked so it was as if we had the whole place to ourselves. The owners were extremely helpful with all our questions. They picked us up at the train station and also brought us back at the end of the visit. They gave us recommendations on restaurants (even though they provided meals at the hotel). The room was excellent with a balcony with views of the Eiger and Mettenberg. Breakfast was very good although I had to specifically request a boiled egg each morning. We had dinner at the hotel twice and the food was excellent. The prices were high for dinner (by American standards) but very comparable to all the other meals we had in Switzerland. The location of the hotel was quite convenient. There is a bus stop right across the street and it's an easy walk to the First and Pfingstegg cable cars or to walk down town to the shops and train station.

There is a coin operated washer and dryer on the premises as well as a billiards table (for a fee) and a lovely living room with fireplace to sit and relax. Wireless internet is free but only works if you are downstairs in the living room or TV room. There is also a sauna (which we did not use).

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)