My wife and I spent our New Years here and it was truly memorable. We have never seen so much snow -- a perfect winter wonderland!
- Excellent location. Only 5mins walk to First gondola station. The bus station (called Kirche) is only 10 meters from the hotel with excellent connections to central (7mins journey). All ski buses stop at Kirche which is really convenient.
- Service was incredible. The owners were super nice. They always greeted us at dinner and showed genuine interest in our experiences in Grindelwald... and also provided a ride to the train station on our last day
- Food for breakfast was good. Excellent selection of cold meats, cheese, bread/croissants, yoghurt, fruits, juice and tea/coffee.
- We had half-board included -- 5 course dinner was always delicious and beautifully served. It was plentiful after a day of skiing.
- We stayed in a superior room, facing to the back of the hotel, which meant it was really quiet (even on the New Year's Eve).
- The hotel also has a sauna and steam room. Perfect to relax in after skiing.
Overall: We recommend you visit Grindelwald. We have been to many ski resorts in Switzerland and I can comfortably say Grindelwald offers the best ski/non-ski activities and beautiful views. Gletschergarten Hotel has a very special atmosphere we truly appreciated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Over 115 years old, the traditional family-run Hotel Gletschergarten in Grindelwald offers you panoramic mountain views, free WiFi and a free internet terminal. In good snow conditions, a ski run leads almost to the hotel. Breakfast is served every morning. After a day outside you can relax at the fireplace in the lounge. Half board, including a 4-course dinner, is available on request. A free pick-up service from the railway or bus station is offered. The Grindelwald First Cable Car Station is reachable within just a few minutes' walk, and the bus stop is just 20 metres away from the Gletschergarten Hotel. Further free time activities can be organised by the help of the staff. The hotel also has a new renovated wellness area with sauna and steam bath. You enjoy free access to the sports centre of Grindelwald, which features an indoor pool and an ice skating rink. Various tickets and ski passes can be bought at the regular rates from the reception. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and Hotel.de so you can book your Hotel Gletschergarten reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gletschergarten Hotel Grindelwald