We stayed at the Sunstar Grindewald over New Year and we couldn't fault the hotel. We had a suite (as we were two adults and two children ) which was tastefully decorated and very clean and comfortable. The view from the window of the three mountains including the Eiger was stunning. The hotel has a large but very cosy reception area and lounge with an open fire and views out onto the valley and mountains. The swimming pool was very popular with our young children and the spa looked great although we didn' t use it.
We found the welcome very warm and the hotel staff to be, without exception, kind and very helpful. The dining room staff in particular made a real effort and nothing was too much trouble. We commented to each other how well run the hotel seemd, without you ever noticing anyone telling anyone else what to do. However, the manager himself was always around and was always ready to exchange pleasantries and offer advice. We found the food excellent and varied and thought that half board was good value for money. We would definitely recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This holiday and spa hotel is in an outstandingly panoramic location, quiet and central but with uninterrupted views of the famous North Face of the Eiger, Wetterhorn and First. Inside, the hotel is decorated with lots of warm wood, and the spacious lobby has an open fire, creating a cosy atmosphere. The large, comfortable bedrooms with their light wooden furniture are perfect places to relax in. Those in certain categories have a balcony. The half-board "Ambiance" restaurant has picture-perfect views of the mountains, tempting you to linger and eat to your heart's content. Gourmet diners are also superbly catered for in the à-la-carte "Adlerstube" restaurant. In the spa centre, you'll find all kinds of ways to unwind: try the large swimming pool, the Finnish sauna, the Roman baths with four climate zones, the hydro-massage showers, the solarium or the rest room. The hotel also offers an attractive range of sports, from a fitness centre to aquagymnastics and aerobics. If you take your holidays in the glacier village of Grindelwald, you'll have the opportunity to enjoy all the many and varied activities that are available in the Jungfrau region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Hotel.de, HRS, Reservation Counter and Despegar.com so you can book your Sunstar Hotel Grindelwald reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grindelwald Sunstar Hotel
- Sunstar Grindelwald
- Grindelwald Hotel Sunstar