I went to Grindelwald for 5 nights for the Eiger ultra trail. I stayed at the sun star Alpine hotel. The staff are friendly, the amenities are very good with pool and wellness centre. The views of the Eiger north face is jaw dropping. My room was a single with balcony but believe me it was small but the price did not suite, but this is Switzerland? I did have a few issues with there not being enough evening food cooked when I got to the restaurant at 18.30. But I was able to go up for more, but it would be good to have all your main meal in one seating. Again in the morning breakfast was also not great for hot food had to wait on two occasions for egg to come out of kitchen but the bacon and sausage was getting cold. These are only minor things but need addressing to make this a great hotel. I did not use the bar as it was a sporting holiday and drinking was not on the agenda. All in all a very good hotel let down by silly issues. Would I go back well yes I would.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This holiday and spa hotel is in an outstandingly panoramic location, quiet and central but with uninterrupted views of the famous North Face of the Eiger, Wetterhorn and First. Inside, the hotel is decorated with lots of warm wood, and the spacious lobby has an open fire, creating a cosy atmosphere. The large, comfortable bedrooms with their light wooden furniture are perfect places to relax in. Those in certain categories have a balcony. The half-board "Ambiance" restaurant has picture-perfect views of the mountains, tempting you to linger and eat to your heart's content. Gourmet diners are also superbly catered for in the à-la-carte "Adlerstube" restaurant. In the spa centre, you'll find all kinds of ways to unwind: try the large swimming pool, the Finnish sauna, the Roman baths with four climate zones, the hydro-massage showers, the solarium or the rest room. The hotel also offers an attractive range of sports, from a fitness centre to aquagymnastics and aerobics. If you take your holidays in the glacier village of Grindelwald, you'll have the opportunity to enjoy all the many and varied activities that are available in the Jungfrau region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sunstar Alpine Hotel Grindelwald reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grindelwald Sunstar Hotel
- Sunstar Grindelwald
- Sunstar Hotel Grindelwald
- Grindelwald Hotel Sunstar