My husband and I stayed at the Sunstar for one week in early October. We had a standard room that faced the town of Grindelwald. The carpet was very dirty and I called and asked if we could have another room, but they said they did not have any other rooms available. The man that checked us in was very rude and not very customer friendly. The rest of the staff was friendly and helpful. The room is average, clean and it has a mini bar in the room that is free and refilled every day with two beers, two waters, and two sodas. It was nice to have that after hiking all day. The best feature of the hotel was the view at the back of the hotel of the Mountains. It is just so Beautiful. We had to pay $22.00 a day per person for the mini bar and breakfast. The breakfast was good. Eggs, assorted breads and cheeses, sausage, bacon and fruits, cereals. About anything that would be at a buffet set up. The location is also very good because it is close to the train station and the First chair which is nice for hiking or skiing in the winter. The train station is also a short walk. Overall I enjoyed our stay at the Sunstar, but I would probably stay somewhere else next time. We traded a two bedroom timeshare in Kauaii for this and we got a standard hotel room and then was still charged the extra fees for the breakfast and the hotel tax fee. We also had to pay $10.00 SF a day for parking. I saw serveral other bed and breakfast that were cheaper and included breakfast in the room rate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This holiday and spa hotel is in an outstandingly panoramic location, quiet and central but with uninterrupted views of the famous North Face of the Eiger, Wetterhorn and First. Inside, the hotel is decorated with lots of warm wood, and the spacious lobby has an open fire, creating a cosy atmosphere. The large, comfortable bedrooms with their light wooden furniture are perfect places to relax in. Those in certain categories have a balcony. The half-board "Ambiance" restaurant has picture-perfect views of the mountains, tempting you to linger and eat to your heart's content. Gourmet diners are also superbly catered for in the à-la-carte "Adlerstube" restaurant. In the spa centre, you'll find all kinds of ways to unwind: try the large swimming pool, the Finnish sauna, the Roman baths with four climate zones, the hydro-massage showers, the solarium or the rest room. The hotel also offers an attractive range of sports, from a fitness centre to aquagymnastics and aerobics. If you take your holidays in the glacier village of Grindelwald, you'll have the opportunity to enjoy all the many and varied activities that are available in the Jungfrau region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sunstar Alpine Hotel Grindelwald reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grindelwald Sunstar Hotel
- Sunstar Grindelwald
- Sunstar Hotel Grindelwald
- Grindelwald Hotel Sunstar