“Amazing experience”

Ranked #1 of 4 Tours in Grindelwald
More attraction details
Owner description: first class Tandem flights in Grindelwald and Lauterbrunnen
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Amazing experience of flying around. Take the thermal flight - well worth the extra time and money. We felt very safe. This will be your highlight of Switzerland!

1  Thank Matt T

Reviewed June 13, 2014

This was my first time paragliding, and it was spectacular and so easy! My pilot was Adrian, and he put me at ease from the beginning. He explained everything well, answered all my questions and provided interesting information about what I was seeing during the flight. He also took some nice photos. The take off and landing were effortless. We flew very high over Grindelwald and then close to the mountains of Mittenberg and Eiger. My husband's pilot on the flight was Beni, the owner of Lauberhorn Bed & Breakfast Hotel (see separate review) the lovely hotel where we're staying. Beni did a great job, too! What a wonderful experience!

Reviewed December 27, 2013

When we first arrived in town, we noticed endless amounts of colorful parachutes floating high above Grindelwald. While none of us knew this was a hot spot for this freeing sport, after a couple nights in town - we realized we HAD to do this.

Now, keep in mind, I wasn't with a bunch of dare devils, rather, we were on a big family trip. Knowing the Swiss attention to detail and safety, we figured this was the best place to give this a shot. Plus, you cannot beat the scenery here.

Our hotel booked our reservations and the next morning we met over at First for a ride up to the top of the gondola. After some brief instruction and general safety tips - we each suited up with our "pilot" (you fly tandem - not solo).

Before you know it, you're slowly running off the side of a mountain and as soon as you catch that first thermal - you're off. What an experience. And while it may look like some crazy, scary thing - it's really not. Sure, they can do some fun tricks if you ask (I did), but if you just want to float around and take it all in - you can.

It's so relaxing you can operate a camera in flight. Of course, if you just want to enjoy the ride - they take both still shots and video of your flight and offer it up after the ride if you like the results.

Check this off your bucket list and tell everyone you flew over the Swiss Alps. They'll be impressed and you'll wonder why you've never done this.

If I return, I'll be doing this again (next time, the longer flight!).

2  Thank nectar50
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This was a once-in-a-lifetime experience, the best parts were: launching over the cliff wall in Murren, having brids fly around my feet, the close-up waterfall fly-bys, and the amazing scenery of the valley. I had an awesome guide (Rolf) and so did my partner (Hans?). I did get motion sick, so if you are prone to that kind of thing, just beware. Try to keep your eyes focused on a point in the distance, and let your guide know to fly smooth.

1  Thank M H
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Waiting for the right wind conditions was the hardest part of the ride. I just wanted to get goign but eventually the little signal flags told us it was time to go and off we ran. Or at least I think I was running, felt so slow but we took flight and the rest was smooth sailing. All I could think about was the movie "Up" when were gliding in the sky, next to the cliffs, out in the open, sightseeing the glorious Swiss scenery all around us. Julian, my guide who was AWESOME, asked if I liked roller coasters and when I said yes, I got the ride of a life. It was not that scary, just another dimension to our glide that added to the memory. Our landing was as smooth as our glide. We seemed to just take a few steps and we were done. What a cool way to get another great experience in the land of the Swiss.

2  Thank pglaw