Hotel Hirschen
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hotel Spinne(Grindelwald)
Hotel Tschuggen(Grindelwald)
Lehmann`s Herberge(Grindelwald)
Parkhotel Schoenegg(Grindelwald)
Hotel Alte Post(Grindelwald)
View Hotel
All reviewscook your ownthe busyogurtboiled eggsbreadper nightswiss hotelski liftfonduebreakfast buffetbalconyalpsswitzerlandcleanlinessapartmentsupermarketinterlaken
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 3, 2010

This hotel is located in the middle of paradise in Grindelwald, Switzerland. It is the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed in. I actually tried to find a spot of dirt and couldn't!!! The staff were very helpful and the food was excellent. For those of you expecting to use the wireless internet connection, my boyfriend was unable to connect.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelfromPhoenix
Reviewed June 16, 2010

My boyfriend spent 3 days in Grindelwald. The hotel was charming, clean, and the room was much bigger than I expected (the balcony with a table and 2 chairs added to this - nice views of the Alps!). The staff were friendly and provided guidance on where to hike. Breakfast was included (bread, croissants, meats, cheese, soft boiled eggs, fruit, yogurt, etc...) and breakfast room was cute. We were traveling on somewhat of a budget and were very happy with this hotel. I would absolutely come back!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2010

A friend recommended Hirschen to me, and it was a good call: nicely appointed rooms, great service, and a good breakfast right right in the middle of Grindelwald--and with a view of the Eiger out of two sides of our room. Although Grindelwald didn't end up being as central to the things we wanted to do (hiking in the Lauterbrunnen valley and going up either Schilthorn or Jungfrau) as a stay in Lauterbrunnen or Wengen might have been, the accommodations and service here couldn't have been better, and I'd likely stay again. Didn't try the restaurant--was pricey (it's really not easy to eat cheaply in Switz)--or gameroom in the basement, but ate several meals at the Memory bar/restaurant next door--not bad. Oh--the wifi only works on the lower floors, so I took my computer down to the reading room on level 1--was fine.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank wrb3
Reviewed March 15, 2010

We have just had a really enjoyable week at the Hirshen. Despite the fact that it was booked as part of a package we were given a front facing room on the 4th floor which meant we woke each morning to stunning views of the Eiger and along the valley towards the Jungfrau. The room was a good size, comfortable and very clean.

Our holiday was on a half board basis and the inclusive evening meals were excellent. It was a set menu of 4 courses which were well prepared and presented. The quality was really good and certainly beyond that which the 3 star hotel rating might imply.

Turning to the staff I can honestly say I cannot remember a better welcome than we received at the Hirschen. Everyone was really friendly and genuinely went out of their way to help.

We did have two gripes:
a) There is no lounge or bar area which means that after the meal you either had to stay at the table of you wanted a drink or venture out (no fun at -13 degrees)!!!
b) On the first night they had a 'welcome fondue' which was not held in the restaurant but downstairs in the room which also housed the skittle alley. The food was nice enough but the room was cold and not really suitable for dining. Call me a cynic but I could not help getting the feeling that it was more to do with freeing up tables in the restaurant on a busy Saturday for passing diners than any form of 'welcome'.

Nevertheless, the fact that I am still happy to give the hotel a 5 star rating despite the above gripes probably gives you some idea of how much myself and my wife enjoyed the rest of out stay.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 16, 2009

We had a superior room on the top floor with wonderful views of the Eiger, Monch and Jungfrau. The room was large with a good balcony area.
The staff, particularly Birgit on reception were wonderful and all work very hard.
The breakfast was poor !! We tried dinner but that again was very average and we did not give it a second chance.
The owner needs to upgrade throughout - it is in a wonderful position and has tremendous potential. He seems totally uninterested in his business and his staff, in our opinion keep the hotel surviving !!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple