“Bad coz we stayed at the Hotel also”

Restaurant Kreuz & Post
Ranked #9 of 72 Restaurants in Grindelwald
Cuisines: Italian, French, German, Swiss, Central European
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: In every one of our restaurants, in the Kreuz Restaurant, the Challistubli and in the Panorama-Dining room, it is all about pampering. You explore a fresh and nice cuisine inspired by the seasons and our local products. We offer honesty and great taste, regional but also international dishes, all prepared with great care.
“Bad coz we stayed at the Hotel also”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

Seems this place is out to fleece the tourists by offering only a breathtaking view of the mountains but nothing to offer on the dining table.
Overall, bad experience with their hotel as well as the quality of food doled out at this so called ''chic'' restaurant.
You wont miss a thing if you skip it.

• Visited November 2012

• Korean first
Kiwi in London
“WATCH THE WORLD GO BY”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

The food was very good, even for a vegetarian and sitting on The Terrace I was well placed to watch the comings and goings of tourists to and from the station.

Visited August 2013
Stevenage, United Kingdom
“Great food in traditional Swiss restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

I discovered this restaurant with my friend Juan on our trip to Switzerland in October 2012. Its located on the ground floor of the ‘Hotel Kreuz & Post’ and is known as the ‘Kreuz Restaurant’. The price of the food and drinks on the menu when we looked outside seemed a bit expensive but we still decided to try it regardless. On arrival inside, the staff gave us a very warm welcome, smartly dressed and took us to our table. The restaurant decoy is fantastic, classic, old and typical Swiss chalet style. I loved it.

I ordered some pasta which was served very quickly but tasted rather nice and had a local beer to go with it. I also had some dessert and went for the ice cream (yes, a great combination of beer and ice cream) and then had a cup of tea with a biscuit afterwards (yes, I am really splashing the cash). The owners of the restaurant (and maybe also the owner of the same hotel), made sure everything was ok and to our liking, and I like that sort of service. It means the management does care about their customers, and I haven’t really experience this in quite some time.

The restaurant did get a little bit busy as it was a Saturday evening, but there was plenty of staff to cope with this which was great, and the personal touched remained. I do highly recommend this restaurant in Grindelwald, but for all of the above, it did cost me around €25-€30 (I can’t remember the exact cost). The restaurant is located next to the train station and is on the main road, can’t really miss it.

It is that good, that I am planning to go back there on my next visit to Grindelwald in September 2013.

• Visited October 2012
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Very good, varied food and very friendly female staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

The menu was varied and the food was high quality. Over 3 or 4 evenings we tried a range of vegetarian and meat options including salads and all the food was well prepared and tasty. The female staff, particularly Steffi and the colleague who often works with her, were very friendly and efficient. Excellent view of the Eiger from the outdoor terrace.

• Visited July 2013
Aberdeen Scotland
“Average food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

We had a salad and pasta dish here but it was ok and a bit pricey for what we got. The waiter was a bit grumpy.

Visited July 2013