“Beautiful Alpine Experience!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Grindelwald
Silvi's Dream Catcher Inn Guesthouse
Ranked #3 of 22 Grindelwald B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 20, 2012

My husband and I stay two nights at Silvi's while visiting Grindelwald and we loved it very much!
The house is very warmly decorated and situated perfectly to enjoy the Eiger.
It's about 10 minute drive away from the downtown Grindelwald. It's in a quiet resort area called Stut overlooking the valley. (If you are using public transportation, Silvi can pick you up and drop you off from the train station for checking in and out)
Silvi's a very kind and talented host. I admired her attention to details. The house is surrounded by flowers and plants. We woke up smelling home baking and the breakfast was just delicious!
We particularly enjoyed the local produced yogurt and cheeses as well as Silvi's fresh fruit juices.
I would love to go back just to sit on the front porch and enjoy the house and the town.
Last not the least, we very much appreciated the jacuzzi in the evening while enjoying the sunset over Eiger. Ah, It's just the place to stay!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dearstella
There are newer reviews for Silvi's Dream Catcher Inn Guesthouse

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Silvi and Horst are wonderful, kind, and helpful hosts in their beautiful B&B home, situated on a lush hillside above the quaint town of Grindelwald. Everything about this lovely place is noteworthy: the artful decor of steelwork and calligraphy; the stunning views of the Eiger across the valley; the gentle ringing of the cowbells; the beautiful garden, patio and hottub facing the mountains; the peaceful sauna and relaxation hut; the breakfast of local cheeses, fruit, homemade jams, fresh bread and Silvi's rosti or crepes....this is truly a place to regenerate after long travels or days exploring the myriad trails in summer or pistes in winter. We stayed an extra night, 4 in total, and were still reluctant to leave. Go to Silvi's, enjoy a glass of wine from Horst's vineyard as you relax on the patio, and savor every moment!

Room Tip: All the rooms are wonderful and each has it's own charm. We stayed in the "Mondnacht"...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Adventurista_12
Reviewed July 31, 2012

My husband, parents and I stayed with Silvi and Horst for two nights in July. My only regret is that we didn't stay longer. The rooms were beautiful and immaculate. The view was inexplicably amazing; we kept saying that it didn't seem real, it was just too spectacular.

Silvi and Horst were wonderful hosts. The breakfast was amazing. We were talking about it the entire time we were in Europe Their restaurant and tour suggestions were perfect and helped us maximize the short time we had in Grindelwald. The hot tub and sauna were much appreciated after a long flight. All in all, I can't wait to come back. The Swiss alps are truly a special place and I am grateful to have experienced them in such a wonderful b&b.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Mbelford
Reviewed June 14, 2012

We stayed in Silivia's place for one night just a few days ago. It's just amazing when we first step into the house! The house is very nicely decorated with plants everywhere! It's is also very sweet and surprising to found the "heart-shaped" blanket in our room. The view from our balcony was just terrific and we were so lucky to see the double rainbow after the rain! I love the terrace and garden very much, especially the hotspring jacuzzi! Having a warm jacuzzi in this cool weather in the lovely terrace worth everything! I must also mention about the breakfast! Silvia and her daughter Sarah prepared a very delicious one for us, with a lot of homemade food. We regretted for staying there just one night!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Grace C
Reviewed June 13, 2012

I found Silvi's bed and breakfast while browsing for places to stay with 4 other girls in Grindelwald.

We were so very pleasantly surprised! The view is stunning, the place is tastefully decorated while very clean and comfortable.

We got great use of the sauna and hot tub and even drank some wine made by Silvi's husband himself.

The traditionnal swiss breakfast toped it all off. Mountain cheeses, meats, honey, bread, muesli, rösti etc.... Delightful delightful delightful!

Thank you so much and see you again, we will always remember you and you're beautiful home!

Renee, Danielle, Brigitte, Beth and Melissa

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank mcclurer
Reviewed June 8, 2012

I never had a more perfect hotel or B&B experience in my travels around the world. The location on the side of a mountain in early June was beyond even imagining, green sweeping valleys with flowers, snow covered mountains so big right THERE!--all just off the balcony from our room. We loved the view so much that for both nights we were there we ate our dinner on our private balacny trying to absorb the beauty. The place and hosts were just perfect and the breakfast the only hot meal we got in our many Swiss B&B's--a huge spread. Our two rooms and the private living room and balcany made perfect accomodations for my brother and I. It was clean and charming. We enjoyed delightful conversations about Swiss life, sightseeing, etc. with the mother, father and daughter who provide personal management of the B&B. Staying here will be a life time memorable experience for us. Trudy McFall

Room Tip: Anything with a mountain view should be perfect
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank TrudyMcFall
Reviewed May 25, 2012

We stayed in Silvis B&B in July 2010 for five nights. I have to say it was a fantastic holiday, particularly because of the stay in Silvis. The views of the Eiger from the house are unbeatable and I very much enjoyed sitting out on the balcony in the evenings taking it all in. Located on the outskirts of Grindelwald, about 15 minutes walk from the centre, it's close enough to Grindelwald while feeling completely out of town. There's a sauna and an outdoor hot-tub facing the Eiger which is probably one of the highlights of my holiday. Silvi was a genuinely lovely lady and even bought me a birthday cake when she knew it was my birthday. This is clearly a love of hers and it comes through in everything from the service right through to the smallest detail. Knowing we were heading off for the airport on our last day, she cooked me a big rosti!... Small things like this make it very homely whether for an overnight stay or for longer.

We stayed in summer and I would strongly suggest this as a location for enjoying Grindelwald and Eiger!. We are definitely planning a trip back there and won't be looking for anywhere else to stay.

Room Tip: Get the one at the front facing the Eiger!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple