“Cosy, Good lunch menu. Run by the Palace Hotel”
Review of Cafe Pernet & Richi's Pub - CLOSED

Cafe Pernet & Richi's Pub
Cuisines: Swiss
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Have been a regular for years. sorry the\Pernet family sold up, but the character hasn't changed. Warm, well situated, and reasonable value.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

Odd that one would comment so positively about a restaurant and water - but I am quite put-off by having to pay for a glass of water everywhere in Gstaad. This was the first place that brought me a large glass of tap water and did not charge me for it!! Ok - if I was in the Saharan - I would gladly pay for water, but come on folks......... So, this meal started off right. The cafe was cozy, friendly, and warm.

We visited the restaurant/Cafe (fronting the street), not the pub per a prior review. Perfectly fine place to eat a meal that did not assume that you were there to blow money. We had a tasty steak that came with salad, frites - for 30 CHF. It was not tatty, or sullen - maybe the pub (around the back) is that way, but this place was not. If you are a millionaire, then this place is probably not for you. If you consider yourself average - then this is the best place we have found in Gstaad.

I am still marveling over free water. Nice dessert (I had apple tart). The waitress was very nice and friendly. Sweet place - I would recommend and I would eat there again.

2  Thank Fitzgig
Reviewed October 6, 2013

It is sad but Gstaad has been so usurped by the rich elite that normal folk have to settle for this grim shed of a pub . Tatty, beery , sullen staff and average food at ridiculous prices.
Very disappointing.Perhaps they are trying to put the hoi polloi off visiting, if so this is their first line of defence.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Good to spend sometime with a drink and friends. Try the selection of local beers (yes, Switzerland has it's own beers, too. but you can only taste them there).

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Good farmburgers in a Pub ambiance. The plats du jour are also good quality and fresh. The chef is great.