“Memorable Experience”
Review of The Alpina Gstaad

The Alpina Gstaad
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Gstaad
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We were staying in a neighboring hotel and we decided to go try the new Megu restaurant. What can I say except that it was pure perfection. We were welcomed by Andre who took care of us throughout our luncheon and he had made perfect recommendations for us to try.
From the starters (to die for) to the main dishes, dessert and the succulent Sake, all I can say is that our guests and ourselves were in heaven.
After this memorable lunch we had asked the reception if it would be possible to visit the rooms for future reservations. They went out of their way to show us a room in each category and I must say that they were all very charming, with magnificent views and impeccable finish. It goes without saying that we consequently booked rooms for the next season.
This is definitely an excellent plus for Gstaad and we look forward to our stay there.
Congratulations to the entire team who will put the Alpina on top of everyone's list from now on.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Matty99_99

Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

The Alpina is probably the most luxury hotel in Switzerland. The interior design has alpine chic style. The materials they used is impressive. Gastronomy is excellent. The entry is impressive. Never seen that before.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Spending the weekend at the Alpina was one of the best experiences we have had in a very long time. From the amazing grand entrance to the smart casual atmosphere throughout the hotel, with its cozy fireplaces, stunning cathedral ceiling and up lighting provides you with the perfect, sophisticated weekend retreat. Connecting back with the hey days of Gstaad you will find yourself in famous company enjoying world class cuisine and service that rival the best of the best in London, New York or Hong Kong. We especially loved the cozy chalet style rooms that provide you with all the modern amenities you could possibly ask for. She loved the little nail polish dryer fitted in the dressing room...Views are spectacular from your private balcony. It was a little chilly for the outdoor pool, but the Spa is to die for! The Alpina brings a great whiff of fresh air to the otherwise a little dusty Gstaad Hotel landscape. Happy to have a new place to call home when we visit!

Room Tip: spend the extra cash and go for one of the suites, really worth it!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank stca
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I have a flat in Gstaad and wanted to see the Alpina I had not time to when here over Christmas. Went with friends for tea so can only speak about the greeting and lobby as first floor lounge. All I can say is that it is simply stupendous in luxury, quality and taste.

I was pleased to be greeted by a concierge I knew from the palace who came over to me, knowing well I was not a guest, to warmly greet me and wish me a happy new year inquiring about my dogs.

The stairs going to the upstairs lounge and restaurant area are simply grand, the abundant use of axe treated wood is stupendous and very warm despite the cavernous size of it all.

There are many, very comfortable and independent seating areas where you may be on your own group without being one on top of the others.

We had tea, all was perfect and all I can say is bravo.

To me it truly is a grand success, it has little to do with general understatement of Gstaad due to i'ts very grandeur but why not? It is a very good addition to our community.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 29, 2013

A warm welcome at the entrance, discreetly the car is taken care of. Our coats - fur and loden - are off our shoulders and stored in the closet. Just like in a home of a friend. Soft lights, space, a wonderful atmosphere. A real choice of top restaurants. We opted for dinner in the "Stübli". Cozy, like in a chalet. Very pleasant and friendly staff, smooth service, an interesting menu selection and a really great local wine selection (we opted for an assemblage by Didier Joris from Chamoson/Valais). Excellent veal liver, superb seabass, innovative presentation of Zurich minced veal. And A wonderful evening in a great place.

One month since it opened, what an achievement! There must be some jaleous neighbors.......

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jean Pierre F
Reviewed January 27, 2013

They have kept the alpine lodge style and infused it with hightech gadgets. Also the mix of restaurants is good . room are clean and in chalet style with bath room equipt with rain shower it worth it get up a bit earlier to enjoy this to the max.

Room Tip: There are no lesser rooms all have great view.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 16, 2013

The Alpina was a wonderful experience - its a new exciting way to feel the premier life in Gstaad. I have stayed in hotels all over the world and this is about as good as it gets. The service was truly superb, by the end of the first day the concierge staff knew what I were looking for and bent over backwards to help us. The restaurants Megu and Sommet, two different cuisines exemplify fine dining, classy, brilliant and tasty! The service, not only in the restaurants, but at the concierge and throughout the hotel was very welcoming and friendly. I felt like I was at home! As for the Spa, I had a relaxing evening with my wife and it was in fact - one of the best in Switzerland, and anywhere else I have been. 5 Stars indeed!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family