Hotel Alpine Lodge Gstaad - Saanen
Gstaaderhof Swiss Quality Hotel(Gstaad)(Great Value!)
$203
$187
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Arc-en-ciel(Gstaad)(Great Value!)
$273
$188
Hotel Bernerhof Gstaad(Gstaad)(Great Value!)
$201
$291
$254
Hotel Spitzhorn(Gstaad)(Great Value!)
$184
Gstaad Saanenland Youth Hostel(Gstaad)(Great Value!)
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 1, 2012

The rooms were average specially the economy ones which were like small boxes, but since some couples had children, 2 rooms were automatically upgraded which was very good. Rooms have very very low roofs , transparent bathroom doors and sleazy lamp shades. Excellent locatio, good indoor- outdoor pool and garden. Receptionist very helpful. Go for bigger and expensive rooms which are good. Good service in all. Breakfast was good too.

Room Tip: Choose bigger and expensive rooms which are good and not economical ones.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Travelfreak206
Reviewed April 8, 2012

Coming back after a week with family in Alpine Lodge. This hotel is very comfortable, you nearly forget you have come to Gstaad for ski. All the service of a top hotel inside a chalet ! Even the food was excellent, we took half board and every evening we got a good surprise in the menu. Kids can choose from a special card and they get every day on their table all the little things they need to stay busy. For sure kids are very much welcome here ! I miss my morning cappuccino it was very good, today it is very difficult to find a good coffee in a hotel, you never know way you get but at Alpine Lodge coffee machine was like a Swiss watch ! Wat I expect also from a hotel is a dedicated service with attention especially with smile all the time and we got that. Our room was big and nice, we were 2 + 2 kids. And the room was on the ground floor and we had an open door to the garden were the children could play. In the room we had also the use of a free iMac and the hotel give you also an iPad to keep you busy while you can take a drink at the bar. In the afternoons you get free tea and there is everyday a desert also provided with your tea during 3pm and 5pm. We also used the pool everyday and the wellness area, all the place was clean and nice. Hotel had also a shuttle service to drop you everyday at the ski point, but we used our own car. It is very near the hotel 5 min drive either you can ski to Gstaad or go to Saanenmöser. If you look for international cuisine in the city you won't find much choice but still you will find a Chinese restaurant or Pizza. The rest is very traditional and local taste. During lunch time in Gstaad you have to hurry because you won't find to eat after 2PM except at the local supermarket. Those in need of classy shopping won't be disappointed all the big brands are in Gstaad and it is not a surprise if you see a famous star walking around. On the whole we are very satisfied and the only little regret I had was about the pillow and no minibar in the room but for the rest all was excellent. Thank you to the hotel management and staff we will come back !

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank drmaniac
Reviewed March 18, 2012

Overall:
Imagine one of those movies where a bunch of friends go away for a skiing holiday and they stay at this picturesque perfect town inside a perfectly cosy hotel...thats Alpine Lodge for you.

Welcome:
I went away with colleagues from work for a skiing weekend. We arrived and were greeted by a very friendly front desk staff. Everything was handled with a smile and we were given a glass of bubbly once we had all arrived. Perfect Welcome!

Rooms:
I had a single room which was cozy, comfy and had everything I needed. Free Internet, space to put my things away, clean bathrooms looked fairly new, apple on my pillow..all there. The only minor thing I would mention about my room is that the french doors faced towards the front of the hotel and straight into the small car park - so no chance of opening the window because anyone could have wandered in. Seeing as we were in the low minus degrees I did not care to do so anyone but could be an issue for fresh air fanatics.

Food:
When we arrived late on Friday we all gathered in the super cozy lounge with open fireplace and ordered some food and cocktails. I had no food but it looked fab, chunky sandwiches and fresh salads rolled up. The cocktail I had was certainly worth its money (expensive as everything in Switzerland is though). Just sitting by the fire on the comfortable sofas chatting was relaxing and the bar staff was fun, friendly and accommodating.
Breakfast was great, too. Buffet style with everything you could imagine, meats, cheeses, eggs, fruit, yoghurt, cereal, breads, cakes, croissants..just anything you would want. Same goes for drinks and juices. I think only a highly picky person could fault the choice.

Staff:
The entire stay was made easy because the staff did all they could to make sure we were happy and well served. There is a free and flexible transport to the skiing lifts and they pick you up when you call them, you can rent the equipment in house or down the road, they provide you with the skiing passes and always everything is done with a smile. I dont think I ever saw any of them get stressed, annoyed or in any way rude. They have been so helpful which is not a given these days.

All in all I would def go back and I would recommend this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank TravelteamUK
Reviewed March 17, 2012

extremely but honest friendliness !
complete service
nice rooms
uncomplex interenet accès wether by wifi or the iMac on your room.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank jootje1970
Reviewed February 19, 2012

This is an excellent hotel. The owners are extremely helpful and friendly, the location is superb and the facilities great. A very nice place to stay.

Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business