“An indulgent and lovely retreat”
Review of Le Grand Bellevue

Le Grand Bellevue
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Gstaad
Reviewed September 23, 2009

Just a few lines to endorse the comments of others as we had such a relaxing off season break earlier this month.
Grand Hotel Bellevue is a gem.
The grand theme has been given a modern interpretation with much style and pzazz! Everything here is truly grand, modern, chic and stylish which makes it the perfect base for relaxation or sport.
Even though September is a quiet time for the hotel there were many beautful flower displays and we much apprecviated them. Another nod to this establishments high standards.
Our room was very comfortable, quiet, elegant and maybe slightly over powered by the modern and huge bathroom with the truly Swiss toilet facility! (That can be a surprise for you when you visit!)
We sat on our balcony and admired the pretty gardens and montains behind. We swam in the blissfu, 29C, pool and tottered the few steps into Gstaad to peoplewatch. We caught a postbus up into the mountains and walked down. All so easy and convenient as the hotel is in town and our package included an Easy Access card which gives you free local transport.
In fact our off season package was a wonderful buy and I encourage you to try it out!
We booked a mid week spa package so we had half board, the easy access card, one spa treatment each and free shuttles to the station and cable cars. Lovely!
Staff were delightful well trained and charming .
It's rare for me to award 5 * throughout but GHB deserves them.
Congratulations to everyone!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Contessa
LGBgstaad, Inhaber at Le Grand Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Dear Sir/Madam,

My name is Daniel Koetser and I recently acquired (last year), and am now managing the Grand Hotel Bellevue. We have also renamed the hotel to "Le Grand Bellevue". I noticed that you and a number of other very kind guests have made reviews over the years which had not been replied to, and so in a rather generic way I wished to let you know that the property has been renovated once more, and I do hope you may have the time to visit again!

Reviewed July 6, 2008

This hotel is one of the nicest I have ever stayed in. I booked a tower suite, which was very modern and featured a brand new bang and bang and olufsen flat screen tv that moved positions at the touch of a button, a comfortable bed, and a marble bathroom which had a very cool swiss toilet. The complementary breakfast is outstanding!! which had great selection of cold meats, pasteries, cereals, and juices. The spa is the best I have ever been to. It had 8 different steam rooms which either relaxed your body or mind. Then afterwards you call cool off in the ice room, the whole made me feel so relaxed! This hotel is a complete must in Gstaad!

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank Wrk1212

Reviewed March 26, 2008

My husband and I stayed in the Bellevue in November 2007. It was off season (at least not height of ski season) so we purposefully tried to find a hotel where we would have plenty to do even if the weather was not great. The hotel sent a car to pick us up at the train station but there was no need as it is easy walking distance with a rolly suitcase from the station.

The main attraction is of course the Spa/Sauna area and the swimming pool. The only complaint about this hotel may be that for a North American, the naked co-ed spa/sauna experience was scary and I wish hotel management had put a little note telling us what to expect! This seems to be fairly common in Europe however so it is nothing specific to this hotel but be warned! The swimming pool was great and the jacuzzi also! there are relaxation rooms with teas, juices, fruits and magazines with lots of extra towels...the beds to lie on were very comfortable. As we had predicted the weather was rainy and grey so we spent the day playing in the different baths/saunas, falling asleep by the indoor pool and exploring the hotel (there is even a cinema you can watch movies in in the evenings).

The rooms are top notch and the bed first rate quality. We received a nice welcoming champagne and hotel staff were extremely attentive. The hotel location is perfect. Gstaad is not a big town so it was easy to walk everywhere.

Breakfast was wonderful. Many different kinds of cheeses, muesli and omelette made to order.

When we spoke to the staff they informed us in November that they were already fully booked the entire ski season. It is no surprise, this hotel is really wonderful.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
5  Thank CosSwitzerland

Reviewed March 25, 2008

I just came from a six day stay at the Grand Hotel Bellevue. The choice of this hotel proved to enhance my vacation agreeableness.
I had a double room for me and my girlfriend, which is the least expensive room you can get, but we were perfectly satisfied with the choice. The hotel has a main building and three other chalets, surrounding it. One of them was transformed to accommodate the indoor swimming pool and the two others accommodate rooms. These chalets are connected with the main building through interior corridors. Our room was located in one of these chalets.
The room was large but cosy. The huge balcony, may become a good asset in spring and summer. The décor was modern and pleasant. As it is often the case, the two beds were put together to make a king size bed. Drawer and wardrobe space were more than adequate. They installed a laptop in the room at no extra cost.
The bathroom was also excellent in size and amenities. Very roomy, double sink, enclosed glass shower enough big for two to shower at the same time and a bathe-tube next to the window. The toilet was a gadget (it rinses and dries your “derrière”, apart from other functions). Soap, shampooing and likes are from a well known brand (Bvglary). The floor is heated, so you can walk around barefoot.
The room is serviced twice a day, morning and during dinner time to open the bed, cleaning whatever there is to be cleaned and they even replenish the fruit bowl every time. As expected in such an hotel, they do not forget to put a chocolate truffle on the pillow.
Breakfast is served in one of the two restaurants. It consists of an appealing and varied buffet that I think suits every palate. Service was attentive.
We took all our dinners in the hotel restaurants since we had an arrangement that included them. Two were taken in the “Prado” restaurant and the four others in the “Coelho” restaurant. The former is a Michelin guide star rated restaurant. People go there to taste food rather than to quell hunger pains. We were served from a pre-established menu. Our first dinner there was very good, however on the second one we both left the room with a slightly deceived palate, mainly because of the menu of the main course (pigeon) and dessert that was repeated on that second ocasion. Preparation of food shows a lot of creativity and sophistication. Food presentation is excellent. The beautiful cutler and china ware add to the feeling of a first class restaurant. The wine list is conspicuous but... expensive. It is possible nevertheless to order a glass of wine. Service is impeccable.
Dinner at the “Coelho” restaurant was also fantastic. The four course meal had two options in each course, except dessert with three options, one of them being an assortment of cheese. Here again, lots of creativity in the preparation and presentation and we were never deceived. Service was also extremely attentive. Timing between the courses was good except between the main course and dessert. I do not know why, but desserts always took longer to be served. On two of the dinners I received the dessert when I had already started digestion.
The hotel has lots of amenities. The indoor swimming pool and the SPA were our favourites after a tiresome but pleasant day around the ski tracks of Gstaad. The SPA is a nudist area and is not gender segregated. Most of people wrap a towel around them to feel more comfortable. There are different sorts of venues in this area, and each one has a description of the properties it is supposed to induce in your body. Avoid the SPA on weekends. We encountered near crowds on a Friday evening.
There are also some shops in the hotel, all of them selling expensive brands of watches, jewels and clothing. The most useful for us was the one that sells ski gear. We rented there ski boots and skis. It was less expensive than what we paid last year for the same number of days in another shop in downtown Gstaad.
We did not try to go in the disco called 911 club, since I dislike loud music. Next to the lobby there was a bar with a more appealing kind of music, but we were lured out by second hand smoke of other guests.
All around the hotel the staff is high calibre. Service is swift, smiling and efficient. Upon our arrival we were briefed by a young lady from front desk, who offered us refreshments (as we declined the “flute” of champagne she offered) and explained us everything about the services and venues of the hotel. At our prompting, she arranged for a ski monitor who accompanied us in our ski strolls around Gstaad. This first approach to the particular needs of each guest is in my opinion an extremely professional demeanour that I had never seen in any hotel ever before. And I know a lot.
Quite frankly I have to struggle to find a drawback in our stay, apart from the price, obviously expensive. All the rooms have Bang & Olufsen stereo equipment. Since from the past twenty years I always had this brand of equipment back at home, I surely would have traded this amenity of my room for a lower price of the stay. Also, the long walks from the rooms situated on the adjacent chalets to the main building may become tiresome in long stays or for people with walking difficulties.
All in all I recommend strongly this hotel in case you do not travel on a tight budget.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank José S

Reviewed March 4, 2008

We were an international group of 11 people and stayed 3 nights at the Grand Hotel Bellevue. Despite the fact that snow was rare and that it was raining cats and dogs we simply had a great time. The rooms are spacious, the interior decoration outstanding, the head concierge a true friend and the service was impeccable. There is a small dancing bar which was a bit empty but maybe that's why we ended up having such good fun, dancing most of the night along with our choice of music.
The in-house ski shop dealt with all our individual needs very profesionally and the spa was a special treat on a rainy day.

Being the manager of this event I can highly recommend this hotel. Every service like transportation, booking and reservation of ski-tickets or restaurants were handled to our full satisfaction. This is the best managed hotel I've ever been to and I will certainly return.

2  Thank Rigiblick

Reviewed March 2, 2008

Class Hotel in a perfect location in the small but beautiful town of Gstaad.

This is one of those rare hotels where the website actually does the hotel justice.

The rooms are contemporary with all the mod-cons and modern bathrooms. Food is superb. Great breakfasts and wonderful 4 course dinners.

Ski shop onsite and ski bus service to all the local ski lifts.

Overall it was the service of all the staff that impressed me the most. Nothing was too much trouble and everything was done with a warm smile... 5* Class!!!

I will return!!

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank dylan1020

Reviewed February 11, 2008

The staff, food and spa were all excellent and we had a really enjoyable stay. I travel a great deal and usually find one thing or another can let down even the highest rated of hotels: not so here, it was fautless!

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dye2

Daniel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gstaad
The Alpina Gstaad
#1 of 15 in Adelboden
HUUS Hotel Gstaad
HUUS Hotel Gstaad
#5 of 21 in Gstaad

Been to Le Grand Bellevue? Share your experiences!