“So nice!”
Review of Le Grand Bellevue

Le Grand Bellevue
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Gstaad
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

We love this hotel and it is now ten years we are going there for a long week end or to spend a few days. The spa is really great, the indoor piscine as well. All the treatments I tried were always really well done. The restaurant is absolutely excellent and I ate at lunch the best spaghetti al Vongole ever(how could you expect that in Gstaad?!). The rooms are big but decoration is not what you could expect in the mountain(very modern gray and dark red.). It seems a full refurbishment will occur this spring. Hotel location is great, just next to Gstaad center

• Stayed: March 2013
LGBgstaad, Inhaber at Le Grand Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Dear Sir/Madam,

My name is Daniel Koetser and I had just acquired prior to your trip, and am now managing the Grand Hotel Bellevue. We have also renamed the hotel to "Le Grand Bellevue". I noticed that you and a number of other very kind guests have made reviews over the years which had not been replied to by the previous direction, and so in a rather generic way I wished to let you know that the property has been fully renovated once more, and I do hope you may have the time to visit again!

Reviewed February 3, 2013

When I saw the lobby of the hotel, I was prepared to be bitterly disappointed. Because lets face it, Bellevue is a pricey hotel and you do expect luxury. Bellevue's lobby appeared a little shabby, and the whole decor seemed more Club Med than 5 star luxury. However, in about 3 seconds we were approached by reception, given a complimentary drink and I was given a fresh red rose, and I didn't really care about what the lobby looked like anymore. Everyone at the hotel is incredibly helpful and courteous, attention to detail in second to none. Our stay was really made very special by the wonderful staff.
And yes the rooms felt more like a city hotel, rather than a hotel in the Alps, and the pool area could use renovation, and the whole of the interior design was a bit underwhelming. In the end, all those things didn't bother us that much. And the spa facilities are really great, most importantly the saunas. There are 7 or so different saunas each with it's own theme, after skiing its a lot of fun walking around the sauna area, or getting a food massage in the foot spa.
For skiing there is a ski shop in the hotel for convenience and they have a shuttle that can take you anywhere you want to go.
They have 3 restaurants. And with our room we were offered a half-board deal. What really pleasantly surprised me was that we could have our half-board dinner in the Michellin Starred Prado Grill, which is the hotel's main restaurant. There is also a Swiss restaurant and a Sushi bar. They also have a cinema room which is like an in-house movie theatre. Overall, we were very pleased with our stay. And I would've loved to give Bellevue 5 stars, but the overall design of the hotel was unfortunately not to my liking. I think its in need of a bit of an alpine charm.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stacy B
rfhz, Geschäftsführer at Le Grand Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Dear Stacy B

Thank you for taking time to comment expansively on your recent experience at the Grand Hotel Bellevue.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us especially the quality of our services, the various restaurants and the extensive spa facilities.

It is true that our interior décor is quite different from the traditional chalet-type hotels, many of our guests do appreciate us precisely for this reason – a one hundred year old historic building with a distinctively designer interior and all the modern amenities.

While we have been awarded the ‘Hotel of the Year 2003’ by Gault&Millau Switzerland and made efforts to upkeep the property in excellent condition ever since, we have drawn up plans for a major renovation this coming spring, particularly of our public areas and restaurants on the ground floor to give the hotel again a fresh image.

We value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you again at another occasion in the future.

Philip Erne

Reviewed January 28, 2013

I stayed a week at the Bellevue, a very pleasant stay in the center of town, which is a big plus as the Hotel is nearby everything in town. The room was large and comfortable with the bathroom well equipped with a rain shower and a very large bathtub. The appointment of the room is modern and plain, not "mountain like"; it lacks a full size mirror in the bedroom; a miss from the designer obviously that could have had one in the wardrobe closet. I did not try myself the spa, but from my daughter's comments and she tried all of them in Gstaad, the Bellevue SPA is the best in town. As far as food, there is a very pleasant and good sushi bar and the Prado restaurant which I have mixed feelings and previously reviewed. The Chef tries and generally speaking succeed in preparing a light and tasty cuisine; it is more "nouvelle cuisine" and I would preferably wish it would be more traditional. There is a cute chalet that serves raclette and fondue; I did not try it so I won't express a judgement other than the place is cute. Where I believe, it is missing is breakfast; not at the level of a 5 stars; the bread selection or danishes is not of the quality expected and the buffet served very poor in selection. They just need to see what is being served in other places. Also, there is no brunch being served on Sunday; not unusual in Switzerland as a lot of hotels don't serve brunch. Some like Le Richemond in Geneva introduced Brunch on Sundays, which seems not to be an extravagant wish for hotels with an international clientele. Overall, the staff has been very friendly, professional and helpful. A special note to the afternoon - early evening concierge who happens to be exceptional. Housekeeping is also top class.
Overall a good experience and I will go back to Bellevue. The missing 5th is only for the breakfast that needs to be revamped to my opinion in quality and selection. I will gladly review Bellevue after a future stay and hopefully it will be then 5 stars

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear Sir/Madam,

My name is Daniel Koetser and I had just acquired prior to your trip, and am now managing the Grand Hotel Bellevue. We have fully renovated the hotel, and have also renamed it to "Le Grand Bellevue". I noticed that you and a number of other very kind guests have made reviews over the years which had not been replied to by the previous direction, and so in a rather generic way I wished to let you know that the property has been fully renovated once more, and I do hope you may have the time to visit again!

Reviewed January 25, 2013

2 business nights and everything was really very near to perfection.

The staff was very helpful and would take great care of every detail.

The room was very good, although I missed a bit a chalet feeling I could have imagined, but some other ones might have that.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is an excellent hotel within walking distance of the city center. A piece of advice for skiers, make sure you have a car. You will be more flexible when it comes to choosing the best places to ski.

Room Tip: The room we got was too cold. They had to heat it up with a small, a bit noisy heater. Apart from th...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 14, 2013

There are not enough superatives to describe this hotel experience. From the moment you walk in the door you are welcomed and enveloped with warmth and genuine hospitality. Nothing is too much trouble for the wonderful staff. The location is perfect, in central Gstaad, a short walk to the Promenade, ice rink and train station. The spa is exceptional and the choice of saunas and steam rooms is impressive. The food's great and the rooms and public areas are faultless. 6 out of 5 - outstanding!

Room Tip: I have never had a bad room, but I prefer the front rooms because many have a balcony and I love the...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

Grand hotel Bellevue is a great hotel where you will feel warmly welcomed. The rooms are big and clean, the spa is great with loads of different steam rooms, the food is fantastic and the concierge are extremely helpfull. The only minus -as far as I m concerned - is that the hotel is decorated in black, grey and red, ie nothing to do with mountain

• Stayed: September 2012

Dear Sir/Madam,

My name is Daniel Koetser and I recently acquired (last year), and am now managing the Grand Hotel Bellevue. We have also renamed the hotel to "Le Grand Bellevue". I noticed that you and a number of other very kind guests have made reviews over the years which had not been replied to, and so in a rather generic way I wished to let you know that the property has been renovated once more, and I do hope you may have the time to visit again!

Daniel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gstaad
The Alpina Gstaad
#1 of 15 in Adelboden
HUUS Hotel Gstaad
HUUS Hotel Gstaad
#5 of 21 in Gstaad

Been to Le Grand Bellevue? Share your experiences!