“Brillaint Value”

Gstaaderhof Swiss Quality Hotel
Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Gstaad
Reviewed February 28, 2011

1. Room : Simple and Functional - they were clean, modern and functional with web-tv in each room and a small sitting area with a small terrace (enough for 2 chairs and a table). The bathrooms were a little bit of a let down duw to their size but at least the showers were good and strong.

2. Food (half board) : Whereas breakfast is nothing astounding (except for the bread rolls, which are simply superb), the half-boar dinner is astounding. A 4-course meal (choice of 2 starters, a soup, 2 mains, desser or cheese) every night and the quality was on par with anything I've easten at the Palace, etc in Gstaad. Quality of meat was 1st-rate with Barberie Duck, Roasted Beef, etc all making appearances. At no point did you feel like you were getting a second-rate meal as you were half board. Furthermore, the Raclette and Fondue restaurant in the basement is amongst the best available - definitely try the champagne & truffle fondue. Definitely 5-star.

3. Location - not on the main pedestrian area but 2 minutes walk away. Gstaad isnt a ski-in ski-out town but the hotel has a ski bus service and the towns free ski-bus stops directly outside. Furthermore, tyhe hotel has a loarge garage underneath.

4. Kids - made to feel most welcome, especially at the fantastic restaurant. There is a billiards room, a young kids play room and an older kids play room. The staff were very helpful.

5. Service - also impecable at a 4-star level. Not as good as a good 5-star but impressive considering the bargain price point.

Summary - this hotel is excellent. The only let down are the slightly boxy rooms nad the small bathrooms but this is reflected in the price. We have lready booked to go back next year.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed December 31, 2010

After spending xmas at the Imperial in Vienna, I decided to take a trip to Gstaad with my girlfriend for NYE week. Every nice hotel was booked, so we went for a central 4 star at 450 CHF a night, which in my books, should have been AT LEAST decent.

To be clear, I am as used to staying in palaces around the world, than roughing it up in dumps.

They gave us a room at arms length of the elevator, with paper thin walls where the neighbor whispering to his wife sounds like he's in our room and where kids wake you up 3 rooms down the hall while they're still in their bed.

The bed also doubles up as a seesaw, which means that if one person is on the wrong side of the bed when the other gets into it, they have a good chance of getting bounced out the window.

After 2 nights, I'm sleeping on the floor (picture attached) to try to give my girlfriend a couple hours sleep. It's day 3 in Gstaad, and we still haven't felt rested enough to go skiing.

THANK GOD I have a friend giving us a room in his house here so we can finally start to enjoy the stay, but piece of advice, avoid this hotel like the plague NEVER stay here!

PS: For those of you who might think I'm exagerating, but I'm unfortunately not...

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank jvaislic79
Reviewed October 26, 2010

We were pleasantly surprised by the warm welcome we received, and by the size of our room (actually 2 rooms) as we were travelling with our teenage daughter. We enjoyed a larger than usual European breakfast, and had 2 dinners in the restaurant, both of which were very good. The hotel is a 2 minute walk from the main pedestrian area, and the receptionist gave us great hiking options for our Saturday afternoon. The friendly service was outstanding!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2010

I was absolutely stunned to find a hotel room available for the high season in Gstaad, during the Menuhin Music Festival, too. So I wasn't expecting much. However, the place is a real find! It's located just steps off of the pedestrian street, so it's convenient. My room was ultra quiet, and very large. I spent a week there and enjoyed every moment They offer guided hiking weeks for summer or winter hiking, and I'm definitely going to join one on a future visit.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed June 29, 2010

If I travel to Gstaad I stay at Gstaaderhof. The Hotel offers top service for a reasonable rate. The staff is very friendly ... for me as morning grumpy maybe toooo friendly! The Restaurant offers delicious meals. Unfortunately the selection of open wine is very poor, but that's my only complain! Make sure to book a room with balcony, you will have a nice view and enjoy the peaceful silcence!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Swissness70
Reviewed June 19, 2010

Extremely clean hotel with friendly, attentive service at all times from all the staff. The standard of catering was also to be commended. It was heartening to see the owners taking such an interest in the running of the hotel and interacting with guests.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 14, 2010

What a lovely hotel. The service is beyond expectations and little touches like a chocolate on the pillow of my baby's cot was just so sweet. Rooms are huge and have a lovely view. Breakfast was a good selection. Location is great - just a very short walk into Gstaad. I would definitely go back.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family