“Birthday dinner”

Ranked #1 of 55 Restaurants in Gstaad
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 22, 2012

My husband took me to the chesery for my birthday dinner, it was a good choice with beautiful decoration.
The menu was simple and clear, but their dishes were fabulous.
The only thing that surprised me were the high prices. It's not like we had some entertainment, well actually we did, there were two drunk men and pretty loud on the bar.
All in all, it was a right choice and the staff were professional and pleasant.
Enjoy : )

1  Thank luluzinja

Reviewed February 2, 2012

I have been eating at Chesery with my family for as long as I can remember. I have very fond memories of the friendly staff, the delicious food and maitre d' Yvan Letzter. Well, Yvan is no longer there, which is a true loss to the atmosphere of the restaurant. The Chesery kitchen has also decided that the days of classic cuisine are over; they have joined the new, trendy "tapas" bandwagon. But they don't get it. One of the starters is a tapas dish which was described as a selection of all the other starters; now, this thing is huge and difficult to eat.
I found the food in general was disappointing and the staff not as attentive as a few years ago. I just hope they realise they have made a mistake and go back to producing fresh, classic dishes

3  Thank Laetitya
Reviewed January 6, 2012

We have celebrated new year's eve at Chesery with friends and once again enjoyed a phenomenal dinner. The restaurant has just been nicely re-decorated, the former rather dark wood interior has been rejuvenated through sand blasting and is now very cozy. Some of the dinner highlights included Robert Speth's traditional like Kobe Beef Tartar, "Oeuf Surprise au caviar" ( a really original treat) as well as his famous Brie de Meaux aux truffes!
All this in a very nice setting, exceptional service and the attention of the owners, Susanne and Robert Speth! No wonder we return there regularly, it is simply and consistently the best restaurant in Gstaad and the 18 points in Gault Millau and one MIchelin star more than justified

4  Thank Swisscheck
Reviewed January 5, 2012

An outstanding and beautiful place to enjoy a gourmet evening. The food quality is not fully at the height of the wine and food price tags, but the pampering by chef, staff and service compensate for the difference.

1  Thank Corrado41
Reviewed July 25, 2011

It is a jolly good restaurant, and OK it is in Gstaad, the most expensive place in Switzeralnd I would think...and Switzerland has prices unrivalled in Europe, but still we are talking big, sorry, HUGE bucks here.

So it's just as well it was a really lovely experience: the service is attentive without being posh or oppressive, the food is delicious and the extras: the amuse bouche to start, the bread, the grissini and the petit-fours all deserving excellent reviews.

And although it didn't initially look impressive for a vegetarian, actually my brother had a fabulous vegetable tempura to start and then a zucchini sort of roulade with cheese. Much use of girolles throughout which I always think a plus and I have never eaten better venison. Mum - the birthday girl - had a whole sole which was amazing and came in two services - the first half with one set of vegetables and the second with another...and though she often doesn't eat that much and we'd had lunch in the Wispile restaurant, she wolfed it happily.

We had asked for birthday cake for dessert and they did this charmingly - plus it was delicious which is often not the case and they made up a doggy bag (OK infra dig but necessary) with the half an unconsumed cake.

Altogether a delightful experience as long as you don't look at the prices.

2  Thank saranLondon