Hotel Park Villa
$187
$168
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Rheinfall(Neuhausen am Rheinfall)
$135
$125
Hotel & Restaurant Alte Rheinmuhle(Busingen am Hochrhein)
$202
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewsyogurtswiss chocolatebreadone nightold houseperfect locationtrain tracksold townfabulous hotelbreakfast was amazingrhine fallsfirst floorfeel at homechain hotelsminute walkbuffet breakfastscrambled eggs
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights in a room/ suite below the dining room. You get to it down some steps in the garden. The suite is lovely, clean and full of interesting quirky objects. Large rooms with small fridge and two TV's. WiFi worked well. Large bathroom but the shower attachment tended to leak creating a puddle behind the bath which by the morning dripped on to the floor. We did inform the owners but it happened again on our second night. This may be a problem of the design rather than the shower itself.
Breakfast was fabulous delivered to your table in the dining room which again was full of odd but interesting objects. A great place to stay although it is very near the railway and the noise did affect us somewhat.

Room Tip: The rooms at the back of the hotel are affected by the noise from the railway. In summer with windows open it was very noisy.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2013

While I understand some points of certain earlier reviews, I think the less enthused reviewers are missing the overall point about this hotel. This is a special place for how unique it is; it’s hard to compare to usual hotels experiences.
This is a beautiful, old stone home turned hotel. We came here for the Swiss National Day fireworks over Rhine Falls, stayed a night, enjoyed a day reading and relaxing in their winter garden and shaded outdoor yard. We then went back home to Zurich… But then, after sitting home for several hours, we thought about what a delightful and personal place the hotel is, and hopped back on a train and ended up also staying the weekend at the hotel!
We, like some of the other reviewers, also usually prefer the newer and minimalist hotels. But we found we just loved being in this place. We found others doing the same as us, enjoying the environs of the hotel, interspersed with travels to the many beautiful nearby sights to visit.
The staff was exceptional. How did they find such a consistently warm and kind staff? Management found the magic formula, obviously. It seems many of the people have been there for years, while maintaining their enthusiasm for making the experience nice. They made it feel at home.
Our room was very clean, had fresh fruit, and two bottles of water for us daily. No air conditioning, as most small Swiss hotels, but there is ventilation via windows to open.
In terms of food: We had dinner there twice, both times exceptional. This is not a usual hotel restaurant; they clearly excel in this area. We met people from the area who had come to the hotel just for dinner. Breakfast (included for us in the price of the room) included an overflowing plate of cut fruits, meats, cheeses, plus yogurt, a large basket of breads, and offered eggs (both soft boiled and scrambled eggs cooked to perfection). One day they had homemade muesli w/ fruit, delicious. Also they had homemade apricot preserves, nice touch. Orange juice, coffee, espresso, etc. also available.
Access to the town of Schaffhausen is easy, over a bridge, a 5 minute walk. Ten minute walk to the train station. Parking available at the hotel. While I would usually want to stay within a town/city, it was nice to be a bit away, yet quite close. In the mornings I walked down and along the Rhine (lots of people with bicycles, and also a local public swimming area along the Rhine that costs a couple franks to get in). Also there is a large park across the street from the hotel in case you have children, a dog...or adults.

Room Tip: some rooms share a bathroom, be aware of this if you don't want this.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank fourdoor
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I have only stayed here once and had a room that included a restroom. I read the reviews before my visit and booked my room to ensure I had my own toilet. The hotel is old, as many hotels and buildings in Schaffhausen are but they do have wi-fi, phone service, and television. The lobby is just like others have commented but I must say the hospitality was excellent . The breakfast was nice and the fruit in my room needed to be double checked by housekeeping. During the afternoon I was able to grab a nice late lunch even though service was not normally available. Overall I was very happy I stayed and will stay again.

Room Tip: Call ahead and get a room with its own restroom.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank L M
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Excellant Food lovely rooms and very nice owners. Good old Max try the Steak it is to die for. Much better than the Bahnhof and costs the same. If you need to rent a car get the train to Singen in Germany and rent it there it costs much less

Room Tip: They are all good
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Three rooms in one week? Get ready to be moved around the hotel to your surprise. Shared bathroom is another interesting amenity. Hotel's style with old creaky floors is the matter of taste but it's definitely not for me.

Room Tip: wifi works better on lower floors
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business