“Felt like have eaten a kilo of butter”
Review of Restaurant Punkt - CLOSED

Restaurant Punkt
Cuisines: Thai
st. gallen
“Felt like have eaten a kilo of butter”
Reviewed March 17, 2012

I read the raving reviews and was wondering if I just had bad luck, but this was the most terrible curry i've ever eaten. I didn't order the food together with the drink, and as I said I need some time to decide, the waitress turned around saying "pfff". As we asked her which wine she would recommend she was annoyed and said whatever is on the list. I ordered Massaman Curry with tofu. Tofu was over-fried and was squeezing like little piece of gum as i took the first bite, curry had no taste at al ( tasted like old butter). No spices, no fresh ingrediants (thai aubergine, galgang, thai basilicum or anything a like), the only vegetable in the curry you can find was potato. I asked the waitress to bring me something else as I couldn't eat it, she offered to bring me some vegetables, which was nice of her. but what she brought was no vegetable only chunks of potato. Same like in the curry I had.
My partner has an indian curry with duck. duck was overcooked and the meal had no taste at all. Unfortunately I was expecting nice fresh food and didn't realise this place is a cheap chain with rather steep prices for the quality they offer (tofu has been fried a while ago, no fresh ingredients).
If you are looking for authentic fresh good asian food avoid this place.

• Visited March 2012

“A good thai restaurant”
Reviewed January 3, 2012

The food is good, although most of the dishes are quite salty.
Price is really fair for Switzerland - around 25 CHF per person including starter, main course and drinks.
Location - right in front of the station - is really convenient.
The atmosphere is nice.

To sum up, a good deal if you want asian food in St. Gallen!

• Visited January 2012