“Out of this world cakes and patisseries.”

Tea-Room Confiserie Schmid SA
Ranked #4 of 4 Coffee & Tea in Neuchatel
Description: Dans un décor apaisant et agréable, les employés de la Confiserie Schmid vous servent avec le sourire et vous guident dans vos choix. Tous les produits de boulangerie, de chocolaterie, de pâtisserie, de confiserie ou encore de glacerie sont préparés dans le plus pur respect de l’artisanat traditionnel. De la réception de la matière première au produit fini, toutes les étapes de la fabrication sont exécutées avec rigueur et méthode. Vous trouverez sans le moindre doute de quoi assouvir toutes vos faims.
Reviewed April 23, 2018

I visit Neuchatel regularly and had never been in this Cafe until my last visit. It is located in the centre of town, right where you catch the bus or a taxi. It looks as if it has been fairly recently extended at the back, which is not visible from the street, so it can seat far more people than anticipated at first glance. During my last visit, it became one of my favourite cafes to pop into for a spot of lunch. The Lunch menu has a good variety of light bites but I ordered a lovely herbal cup of tea, Croque Monsieur and one of their gorgeous cakes. I have never seen cakes like them, they are a work of art and taste absolutely delicious! I think they might possibly be made on site.The prices are average and the staff are reasonably friendly but once again unless you speak very good Swiss/French there is always a slight barrier. I would totally recommend this Cafe.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed November 29, 2017 via mobile

Well located, near the center, ir offers an assortement of tasty treats. Cozy space, opens early which, for me, it is an advantage as I am an early Bird.
Service is good but expect some difficulties if you only speak English.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed March 9, 2017

I have never experienced such rude and abusive staff in my life. They demanded money from me for a card payment that apparently did not go through days ago, shouting at me in french in front of other customers, and would not give me receipt and had absolutely no proof of my name, the card, or the day of transaction. I have never experienced such verbal abuse and attitude from staff at a place I visit every day. If it was not for my college at work who calmed me down I would have gone to the Police. I speak french also, however my accent is not flawless and the staff laughed at me whilst telling me she did not understand whilst I was asking for a receipt or proof.

Date of visit: February 2017
2  Thank Anty M
Reviewed March 3, 2017

In the centre of town, you can sit inside or outside on a nice day.
Good tea and cakes with lots of choices.
Well served in this very busy tea shop, it's a good place to stop.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed July 28, 2016

Very convenient location, place is a great stop for coffee/ tea and snack all year around with a friendly atmosphere...
The place is known for a wide range of non alcoholic beverages

Date of visit: June 2016