“Perfect place to eat after a long drive”
Review of Lake Side

Lake Side
Ranked #41 of 147 Restaurants in Neuchatel
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Restaurant de l'hôtel Beaulac à Neuchâtel
Reviewed April 25, 2014

I have eaten her several times and has not been disappointed, especial the starter "Japanese panko shrimps" are top $ and all the other dishes I have been presented for is very very god. Please ask for advice for the local vines they are very balanced and has a perfect bouquet for the dishes.

Thank Carsten Damgaar... P

Reviewed April 22, 2014

This restaurant is a bit strange - a fusion of two completely different cuisines served alongside each other; japanese and french/european. The waiter was a bit under the weather and seemed slightly annoyed at our presence, although he did a fine job of serving us otherwise. The food was excellent, in particular the bass filet which I much enjoyed. The sushis were very equally delicious. The restaurant has a beautiful view on the lake of Neuchâtel.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

The sushi bar in this restaurant serves a good range of sushi prepared to order at the bar. The food was great but not cheap. The service however is really not good. We stood for five minutes on arrival while staff ignored us and walked around us. The sushi chefs rang five times for service before a waiter came to deliver our salad and later I had to go and find the manager to tell him that our sushi had been ready for 15 minutes and ask him to bring it to us (the chefs apparently can't just hand it over the counter).

1  Thank travelbsuisse
Reviewed May 18, 2013

We had a gift voucher (smartbox) for a sushi dinner. Arriving and mentioning our reservation we were immediatly led to a perfectly situated table with an excellent view to port and lake !
The atmosphere was rather relaxed but the service of the young personnel was very good and professional. The quality of the sake soup, the generous serving of an impressive variety of very good sushis, was most satisfying. Then we were served a variety of sorbets with japanese tatses, which were garnished with a beautiful spread of berries. To us it was just to much, but good. We loved the wine list, where we found many interesting suggestions from the area. The one we chose , was avery good wine with a correct Price. we don't know about the cost of the Food, but we sure will go there again and find out!

Reviewed April 10, 2013

During a trip in Switzerland to see my family last week, I had the chance to have dinner at Lake Side restaurant in Neuchatel. This is located within the Beaulac Hotel and litterally on the Neuchatel Lake ... Surroundings are beautiful but the interiors is very nice with calm colours. Service was second to none and the food was delicious.
I was there with my partner, my brother and my sister-in-law and we all had a blast !
I would definitely recommend the place for a lovely meal with a view !