“A special experience”

Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Neuchatel
Lausanne
“A special experience”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We spent a night in June with my partner and I must stay it was a very unique experience. We had purchased a special offer via Internet for a one night stay and dinner. When booking, I had specified I was booking for a special occasion and the staff was nice enough to put us in a "Lacustre" room (over the lake) (there are only few of them the other ones are by the lake). Wow, what an experience! It is not like staying in a standard 5 star hotel. It is a mix between staying in an exclusive suite and a luxury yacht. The room was really comfortable. The bathroom was huge, with a spa. But the best part was the terrace over the lake with ladder access to the lake (I had a swim even though the water was still cold at that time of year). Staff at reception was more than welcoming, helpful and friendly. We used the bicycles at disposal to go and explore the port nearby. I would have loved to give a 5 star rate but unfortunately we did not have such a great experience at dinner. Nothing about the quality of the food. But as I said I had booked via an offer that included dinner (but only a specific menu) and the waiter made us feel we did not deserve the same treatment as the other guests. I don't want to extend on this and still think the whole experience was great, just a shame we did not feel that welcome at the restaurant. I still very much recommend this special place to anybody wanting to live something unique on Lake Neuchatel.

Room Tip: Definitely book a Lacustre room! So special
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Katia M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Thailand
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Much has been said about this hotel and of course, there is not only praise. Our overnight stay though was perfect. Friendly reception, bikes available for free for some nice rides along the lake, lovely over water room, good beds, free wifi and a superb meal, as well as a perfect buffet breakfast. The place ain't cheap and I would even say slightly overpriced for american or european visitors, but then sonare many other places which do not offer what the Palafitte offers: memories of a special place. Some upkeep needed, but definitively a place to remember.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed July 7, 2013

If you are planning a trip to Switzerland and are looking for something unique and romantic with undeniable quality and service, then this is the place for you.

The staff is attentive, professional and friendly.
The hotel is set on the Lake Neuchatel with rooms on the lake and on the shore.
If you decide to give it a try, opt for the rooms on the lake and you will feel as if you were on a private yacht (minus the sea sickness)!

The rooms on the lake have an amazing view to the Alps and of course, the lake and is spacious, well laid, with a fantastic bed facing the lake, a Jacuzzi, separate bathroom and shower with wonderful amenities.

I slept so well that I was awake very early, for my delight since I could experience a spectacular sunrise sipping a cup of Nespresso on the private terrace.

In September, there were quite few mosquitoes on the terrace so carry a good lotion, as you will want to enjoy the space.
Breakfast was also good, offering a variety of food and again the staff was friendly, discreet and efficient.

Fantastic experience and will be perfect on my next visit when I will go with my husband.

Room Tip: The rooms on the lake are fantastic!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Neuchâtel, Switzerland
Reviewed May 19, 2013

A night in this hotel is unlike any other. The experience is serene and magical any time of year (I went around Christmas and loved every minute). The entire experience is very exclusive and private- from your room it feels like you are in your own private hotel... or perhaps aboard your own private yacht as you look out over the lake! Highly recommended for those with high standards, those looking for a unique hotel experience, or for couples looking to spend some romantic time together.

Room Tip: DEFINITELY get a room on the water... I felt like we were floating out to sea
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Skerries, Ireland
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I travelled to Switzerland for work and I stayed in Palafitte as Beaulac Hotel where I would normally book was fully booked and I must admit it is the first time ever that I am actually happy that it happened.

From the moment you enter Palafitte, the attention and service you receive from all the staff is excellent. Extremelly professional, friendly and very customer focused staff made you very welcome from the moment I arrived.

The member of the staff who checked me in walked me to the room and showed me all different commodities in case there was any doubt of how they work, I am actually glad she did, as there are so many that you could actually miss some of them and that way they ensure that you will be able to enjoy them all :), she also made hersef available for any other question or request that may arise during my stay.

Located on the Lake Neuchatel with amazing views, the room I stayed in it was incredibly spacious, spotless clean, very well equiped and with Amazing views facing the lake, the Nespresso machine in the room with assorted coffe and teas was certainly a plus, a very well assorted mini bar, magazines, plenty of choices on the TV..etc..

I cannot think of anything that I could not be happy with in this place;I actually wish i could have stayed a few more nights as it was a delicious place to stay.

I was about to go out for dinner but last minute changed my mind and asked if there was any availability in the restaurant, I was aware that I may need a reservation as t was a very busy evening but they immediately checked and accommodated me in a lovely table at the window facing the lake.

Very good menu, quality food and exceptional service: all added up together to a very enjoyable dinner facing the lake eating a delicious meal. Staff would be very attentive all the time making sure that every single person in the restaurant was ok. They really take care of you no matter how busy it gets and always with a smile, and a very friendly and profesional manner.

I have a very sweet tooth, cannot deny it but even if this is not your case.. I doubt you can say no to the amazing Desserts they have...

I would definitely recommend staying at this hotel if you are in Switzerland and if you have the chance also have some food at their restaurant...(without forgetting the dessert)

Room Tip: If you can book one of the rooms facing the lake you will be able to enjoy an amazing view
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank MarisaRV
AntoineChaumeron, Directeur général at Hotel Palafitte, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Many thank for your comments on our hotel.
We hope to see you back in our hotel soon.
London, England
Reviewed January 23, 2013

What was it like? A box in a box in a box, amazement after delights. Floating on the celestial lake filled with morning mist with only the water hens to wake you, Soothing lights entering your luxury wooden abode on stilts to rock you to sleep, which you reluctantly leave for an aperitif by a wood fire followed by exquisite local cuisine and great choice of wine suggested by the friendly discreet but knowledgeable staff. Crazy money for an unforgettable moment.

Room Tip: you must go for the bungalows on the lake otherwise don't bother
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I ended up in this 5 star hotel in Neuchatel, after finding nothing else in a booked-out Neuchatel. It lives up to its 5 star reputation and has impeccable staff with a completely trouble free check-in. You´ll be shown to your room (which is really a box sitting either above or on the lake) by a member of staff. Make sure they show you how to operate the lights and blinds. Coming back late at night is not the best time to indulge in an exercise of learning by doing.

One slight problem. I arrived at breakfast late and was disappointed that everything seemed to have been consumed, despite in being only shortly before nine in the morning. This is a popular destination for conferences, and is often completely fully booked, so you run the risk of disappearing in the crowd. And yes, be prepared to pay a small fortune in taxi fares, if you need to go to and come from Neuchatel, since the hotel is located outside the town.

Nevertheless: a must see - in summer!

Room Tip: If you can afford it, try a room actually above the lake in summer.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business