“Very pleasant restaurant”

Cuisines: Swiss
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Located near Place Pury, the service was excellent, very friendly staff. Great Swiss cuisine, at reasonable price.

There are newer reviews for Restaurant Le Jura

Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Sadly the waiteress was very unfriendly and arrogant. This ruined the excellent food.
She was arrogant and unprofessional. Sorry

3  Thank Flycampari
Reviewed July 21, 2013

After 5 years from the day I left Swiss, finally I have a chance to come back to meet my friends. We decided to choose Le Jura for the good old times. I was surprised because the restaurant still has the same warm atmosphere like it was 5 years ago. We ordered Fondue Bourguignonne for 4 and the portion was so huge, we couldn't finish them all. The local Pinot Noir recommended by the waiter was really good with the fondue. The desserts came after made us melt. It was so delicous, though we were too full, we just cant stop eating :))

1  Thank LienMT
Reviewed May 26, 2013

As a 7-year resident of Neuchatel, this is one of the restaurants you can return to for a consistently excellent meal. It includes not only local specialties like tripe (must admit, still not adventurous enough to try it!), but also the very popular moules et frites (mussels & fries), and a great variety of meat and fish. Vegetarians are well cared for with a delicious house-made ravioli, soups (onion soup is one of my favorites) and salads. Another plus is the owner's genuine desire to source food from local producers wherever possible. The wine selection is also quite good, with plenty of local wines from the region, but also other wines to try from farther afield. Well let's not forget dessert - made "a la maison" and a great finish to the meal.

Ambience: this is a classic french brasserie with comfortable booths and a classic sense of style and history. If you visit regularly, you also notice that there is low turnover in the friendly staff; a good sign that working conditions are good.

I have also heard you can rent a larger room upstairs for special occasions; I haven't tried it yet but it's on my list! The prices here are competitive with other restuarants in Neuchatel; you are getting high quality for a fair price. Children also have a good selection to choose from.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Let me start by saying that this restaurant was recommended by my guest, and that all the good things described in other reviews were given as arguments. We arrived at around 8pm and were lucky to get a booth, as the restaurant seems popular (Wed. night, lots of locals ...).

The menu covers typical Jurassian cuisine with both meat and fish options, so I figured, what´s not to like. We both had steak - ok, not the most adventurous of choices - but a good test of what the kitchen is like.

After around 20 minutes, the food arrived. I think that I can safely say that I´ve never had portions quite this small (and we´re not talking Michelin starred restaurants here). No criticism about the quality, but we were actually more hungry after finishing than we were when we started.

For amusement, we took the wine recommendation they made on the menu to accompany all this. Trust me, you don´t want to pay 39 CHF for a bottle of what essentially is 2012 vin nouveau even if it is made locally.

So, although this place is in the centre of town, is friendly and uses local ingredients, I was less than overwhelmed by what I got for my money. I won´t be going back, if I can help it.

1  Thank SwissFrenchBrit