“A sure shot”

Cuisines: Swiss
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 2, 2013

At Jura, you are pretty much guaranteed a good meal. Go there for the lunch "plat du jour" (CHF18), but get there early, they often run out by 1.30 or so!

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Always busy, staff excellent.

Food is local and excellent lamb was spectacular and the onion soup was to die for. 10/10

1  Thank Memkay
Reviewed November 5, 2012

An excellent restaurant serving traditional swiss food including a good specials selection and fixed price menu; I have eaten here a number of times both alone and with guests. One can always be assured of a genuine welcome from the staff and an enjoyable evening of relaxed dining wathcing the world go by!

Reviewed October 26, 2012

We tried fondue and rosti in this restaurant. It was good. The waiter was kind and friendly. Thinking to try other order this week

Reviewed August 24, 2012

Location: despite having booked a table outside for 6 people no table was available. One was quickly assembled but a view of an alleyway and graffiti on the wall by which the table was placed, were not my idea of a picturesque location.
Service: although the staff did help with any questions (we spoke French so no translations needed), the service throughout the whole meal was painfully lacking. Drinks not delivered, unable to liaise with the waiter purely though lack of presence. This could have been due to location and us being stuck at the far end of the restaurant's outside perimeter.
Food: for this I can only speak for myself and comment on the choices of the 5 other guests in my group. My starter of pate was excellent, very good quality and portion size. My main course of beef was inedible - I do not have the teeth of either a horse or leopard and simply couldn't chew the meat that was put on my plate. My other friends had steak and commented on the cooking - all were ordered medium or rare and came well done.

In my opinion, a good restaurant should have 4 essential big ticks: Food, Service, Location and value for money. This probably had 1/2 tick out of 4, therefore I would not return.