“Surprisingly cosy inside”

Restaurant Opus
Ranked #71 of 406 Restaurants in Lucerne
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Bath
“Surprisingly cosy inside”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Although we were recommended Opus by the Marriott hotel where we were staying, we didn't really fancy it from the outside. It looked rather panEuropean and lacking in atmosphere, lots of space outside but we were looking late at night. Having found many other restaurants had already closed by 9.30, we found it was our only option. Although there were no free tables, we were directed to the wine bar and the waitress somehow accommodated us. To our surprise it was much smaller and cosier than we thought, if only we'd known we'd have come in earlier! The food, wine and service were all very good. I had the Bouillabaisse, which was in the Soup section and one of the cheapest things on the menu. To my delight, it was the real thing and so enormous that I had to share it with my 3 dining companions. My top tip is to look past the brightly printed menus and cafeteria look of the outside and venture in, you will be pleased to discover a Tardis in reverse!!

Visited May 2013

• Hebrew first
Zurich, Switzerland
“Nice dinner”
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Me and my wife had a dinner in the vinotek. The food is good, we had a meal from the buffet but they have also dishes like pasta, fish, etc. we went there specialy for a "live" concert from a swiss artist. The atmosphere is great , service is good, and if you gave a table in the vinotek, than is even better.

• Visited May 2013
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“15 Wines by the glass!!!”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Exellent place to go after work, meet some friends or just hang at the wine bar and enjoy top wines by the glass. I had the chance to try wines that I would have never ordered by the bottle since they are quite expensive. I tried Opus One, Sassicaia, Tignanello, Gantenbein among others.

Just try it out, and order a selection of cheese with it!

• Visited August 2012
Madison, Wisconsin
“Serendipity!”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We happened upon this lovely riverfront restaurant in early May...too cold to eat outside but the menu looked fabulous...and the food was outstanding! I had carrot-vanilla-ginger soup (gotta try to replicate this at home...omg) and a lovely small cannelloni. My companion had a chicken pot pie with a HUGE puffed pastry crust...we took a photo because it was spectacular! And he loved it. The bread was great too. When we came back to the room we found that Opus is recommended in a major guidebook. I can see why.

• Visited May 2013
Lucerne, Switzerland
“Friendly atmosphere, good food”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

The restaurant is by the river, has a good open salad buffet. we have been there 3-4 times and enjoyed every time. Brunch in summer months is very nice and quite well priced.

• Visited January 2013