“Thai Food in Lucerne”

Ranked #32 of 445 Restaurants in Lucerne
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The freshness and the refined aromas of Far Eastern cuisine arguably reach their pinnacle with Royal Thai cuisine. It's no surprise that Thai cooking takes top spot in Asian cuisine, and you will discover this culinary experience full of unique quality and authenticity at the Restaurant Thai Garden for yourself. You'll feel as if you are in the King's Palace in Bangkok with the stylish Thai interior through to the attentive service and skilfully prepared delicacies. Many foodies actually consider the Thai Garden the best Thai restaurant in Switzerland. It is not without reason that the Thai Garden has been awarded 14 points by Gault Millau.
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Food was quite good. Nice break from French, German and Swiss food on a several week trip. Nice environment and great service!
Try the soup---it was excellent!!

Date of visit: August 2013
astorialuzern, QUALITY MANAGEMENT at Restaurant Thai Garden, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Dear jenandgary,

Thank for your compliments here on tripadvisor. We are happy that you had a great time at the restaurant Thai Garden and we look forward to welcoming you again here in Lucerne.

Reviewed June 14, 2014

Happened past Thai Garden, and when we went in, we were very pleasantly surprised! The interior was gorgeous and very nicely done up. Great ambiance, rather posh. Food was really good, and service was excellent. A rather pricy meal, but then again you are in Switzerland, and I think it was definitely worth it!

Date of visit: June 2014
astorialuzern, QUALITY MANAGEMENT at Restaurant Thai Garden, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2014

Dear WTO_WTO,

Thank you for your great feedback and your visit at the restaurant Thai Garden. We are happy that we could convince you with our ambiance, food and service quality. Once again, we thank you for your praise and look forward to welcoming you soon again at the restaurant Thai Garden.

Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

This was my fifth visit here and this time I brought along some friends as I had very good experiences the last 4 times. My visit was a Monday evening around 7.30pm. I would say the food was very good as usual, relatively big portions as well.
However, we were let down very badly with the service which totally shocked me! The waiter and waitresses were not very attentive at all. We kept having to grab their attention to come over to us. Also, on past visits they would regularly come around and asked you if you wanted more rice...this didn't happen and we again had to ask for it. So overall, was disappointed with this dining experience!! Slower service I would expect if very busy but there were only around 20 people in at that time, which I would say was only 10% full. I would go back again though as the food is very good.

Date of visit: June 2014
astorialuzern, QUALITY MANAGEMENT at Restaurant Thai Garden, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

Dear Broonaldo,

We are pleased that we could welcome you already for the fifth time at the restaurant Thai Garden and thank you for your honest feedback. Of course this insufficient service does not correspond whit our operating philosophy as you know from your previous visits. In order to prevent this in the future, your feedback has been discussed with the service team. Once again, we offer our sincere apologies and hope you grant us another chance in order to convince you of our usual service standard.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed May 30, 2014

Had a most enjoying evening at the ThaiGarden Restaurant, beautiful meal, excellant service, and a terrific atmosphere. A little pricey, but worth it, wonderful flavours.

Date of visit: May 2014

Dear suey2756,

Thank you for your visit and your great feedback on tripadvisor. We are happy that you enjoyed our excellent service, Thai atmosphere and cuisine. We are looking forward to welcome you again at the Thai Garden Lucerne.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

As mentioned by many, the side-dor entrance and missing menu display make you feel like stepping into the unknown. However, the interior and atmosphere was breathtaking. I felt like going on vacation in the city. It is beautiful and the service was excellent.
The music played at the beginning was, however, rather monotonous and annoying. It got better when a female staff member started playing an instrument.
We had a starter platter which, at 33CHF per person, I found outrageous. It had a lot of different finger foods yes, but for a starter it was way too much and too expensive, even for Switzerland. I ordered the green curry and for 50 CHF I got a standard curry in a bowl - not worth the money. Also, it was rated as spicy and while ordering I asked the waiter whether it was really hot and if so, whether they could add a little less spices. He told me that it is adjusted to European taste and should be alright, but I was hardly able to eat that sauce.
On a side note: For the upper-class level of the restaurant I was disappointed at the bland restrooms and that the design and theme of the restaurant wasn't expanded to that area. I did not expect waterfalls but for the overall impression it should fit the style of the location.
Last point: Quality of products and services is what makes people pay the big money and this is what the Thai Garden ought to convince with. The missing menu display outside the restaurant and even on the website gives the impression that people are lured in with the beautiful location set-up but are not given the chance to decide upfront if they consider the money for the food well-spend.

Date of visit: May 2014

Dear TiR,

We thank you for your visit at the restaurant Thai Garden and your detailed feedback on tripadvisor. We assure you to take your valuable feedback seriously. It helps us to improve our grade of friendliness and to scrutinize our standard procedures. Once again, we thank you for your honest words and hope in spite of all to serve you again in one of our hotels or restaurants.