“A great experience”

Ranked #15 of 415 Restaurants in Lucerne
Cuisines: Swiss
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Wilden Mann Stube (parlour) in Luzern, which has been awarded 14 points in the prestigious Gault-Millau Swiss guide, offers and elegant room for a festive dinner. With great attention to detail, head chef, Tobias Kofmel, produces creative cuisine steeped in tradition, inspired by whatever is on offer at the local market. However, he also has great ability at using his knowledge of international cuisine to great creative effect, producing his own contemporary combinations. On the menu, you will find interesting options such as tomato, herb and olive pralines accompanied by a rocket salad with Puschlaver dry-cured ham, beef fillet Stroganoff prepared at the table, or chocolate sour cream slices with a kumquat compote (stewed citrus fruit). There are always numerous options for vegetarians available on the menu. Restaurant manager, Viktor Spath, serves a great choice of outstanding wine from all over the world to accompany your meal. For those of you who wish to enjoy the culinary experience with a cigar or cigarette, it is possible to relax in either the smoker's lounge, or the smokers��� restaurant Burgerstube (Burger parlour). As a particular highlight at the Wilder Mann Stube (parlour), there are numerous events to take part in, such as the murder mystery dinners. Under the motto: a Lucullan meal for the palate, and witty criminal case to solve for the mind. A crime to solve alongside an outstanding 3 course set menu, all part of the service from the staff. All this, just to get the taste buds going.
Reviewed August 10, 2012

We arrived without a reservation and felt a little self conscious approaching such a lovely restaurant when we were dressed a little shabbily. The staff immediately put us at ease and we enjoyed a fantastic meal in a wonderful cozy atmosphere. I felt very welcome here, the service was above expectations. The food impressed from start to finish. One of my favourite restaurant experiences, I would go back without hesitation.

2  Thank Jude M

Reviewed July 29, 2012

The Burgerstube is one of the restaurants of the hotel Wilden Mann. The interior is very cosy and the service friendly and effective. The food is of very good quality and this at a reasonable price. Good choice of fine wines too. Better reserve if you want to go for a dinner in the evening.

Reviewed June 23, 2012

I recently enjoyed a top notch catering by Wilder Mann and want to applaud the Chef and his staff, this was in connection with a conference in Lucerne sponsored by SNB.
I pecifically liked the corn cream soup with Whiskey perfumed.

Good going, Wilder Mann.

Reviewed May 12, 2012

The chef, Simon, and I had spoken before our arrival because my wife and I are vegan. We were looking for options and he said we'd have something at the restaurant, not to worry. We went to eat and there was a special three course menu printed out for us. The presentation and quality of the food was absolutely fantastic. The service was brilliant. All in all, a great, great meal. It was pretty expensive... 120 CHF for two for veggies and tofu! Whatever, it was worth it. Thanks, Simon!

1  Thank librahi
Reviewed May 2, 2012

I was looking for a restaurant offering a wide range of dishes with a quiet atmosphere and was not disappointed. We chose the Romantik menu which at CHF 56.00 for an evening meal offered a choice of a fish or meat dish as the main meal. A starter and dessert was also included in the price. A complimentary amuse bouche was brought to the table by the charming waitress who seemed happy to converse in German or English. As this was delicious we looked forward to the meal which promised to be of a high fine dining standard. The starter was John Dory fillet on a bed of mango and cucumber with an exotic shot which I think was guava. Served on a slate platter it looked as good as it tasted. I had the entrecôte with potato gratin and vegetables - all cooked to perfection. My companion had the fish with pasta and cream sauce which was equally good. For dessert there was a choice of cheese or panna cotta with soused figs. A good combination though the figs were a little on the small size and not as fleshy as I like. But the flavour was excellent. The restaurant also offers a good range of wines in various size bottles - we took the 3/8 which was good as one of us was driving. The restaurant Sauvage) itself was tastefully decorated with immaculate table linen. The service was attentive and discrete and we felt very welcome. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone as an example of good Swiss cuisine in an atmosphere which is a notch above the commonplace. I made my reservation online which was quick and efficient and following my visit the restaurant asked for my feedback, which I was happy to give. It is obviously a very professionally run restaurant with an excellent chef.